For all you carbon junkies...

Joeleol

Reaction score
Check out what I made at work, Can you buy these anywhere?
(Before anyone asks, yes it is real carbon)
Next project is the A3 and capacity badges, should be fun!
2308764.jpg

Looks kind of camo, perhaps a finer weave next time?.

Looks good though!.

Good effort but agree with tom.
Fancy doing me a bonnet, s3 front wings and boot? :) haha.

Yeah I think I may make another one tomorrow out of some decent material (I just used nasty cheap tooling carbon) Ill upload some more pics when I'm done. Making big panels would be expensive and to get some decent patterns machined up I would need a volanteer to get their car laser scanned to get me a surface for my model, but it is possible. (Im considering doing most of the car)

I'd be very keen to see some bagges etc donwe with a finer weave though, could be just what I'm after ;)

Feel free to borrow my car for a day if you want to make a bonnet for an A3 ;)

looks like digital camo off COD

Cool, The bonnet wouldnt be too difficult to skin nicely. But to do a proper job, with eggboxing, would hardly be worth the effort. If you (or anyone else) like the weave of the next one I am able to make some more in return for bits and bobs.

Does look smart mate is that for front or rear? What part of Oxford you from?

Shame your so far from me or id lend you my car. Cant find anyone who does carbon body parts for the s3.
Id have some rings and the sursound in a finer weave.

Just from a little village thats about 8 miles north of the city. They are rear rings as the front ones are goning to take a bit longer to put into a cad model so I can get the pattern machined.

Ok mate, I'm from cowley and spend most of my time in wotton/cumnor. let me know if there are any s3 parts you would wanna borrow and I'll see what I could do,

cheers Matt

Are there any VAG meets around oxfordshire, theres going to be something a little bit naughty leaving my garage around xmas time and I need somewhere to show it off.:detective2:

Are there any VAG meets around oxfordshire, theres going to be something a little bit naughty leaving my garage around xmas time and I need somewhere to show it off.:detective2:

I'm sure there are mate but I don't go to any, what you got mate sound interesting!

Shame your so far from me or id lend you my car. Cant find anyone who does carbon body parts for the s3.
Id have some rings and the sursound in a finer weave.

Carbon bonnets available for the A3 s3 8L model, about £450. Google will find them for you, through different suppliers, but seem the same item. There is a straight one and one with an awful evo vent in it!!

At ED 38 show, there was a carbon company selling bonnets for golfs and they are due to do an A3 one soon. Based down in Devon IIRC. I got a card so will hunt it out.

Wings should be easy to do, but not sure if worth it, as they weight fap all anyway.

Try this place for bonnets and "lambodoors.co.uk too"

http://www.carbon-designs.co.uk/index.php?p=cat&cid=182

Last edited:
s3 front grill surround and badge would be good to :thumbsup: