Just got my K03s and Silicone TIP.

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Hello all.
Just got my K03s for my AGU A3.

Im going to get it fitted next saturday.
However, my next step is a remap.
Im currently looking at a RTech remap, as they do a great remap for this specific mod and a free RR for £200

Im in the Brstol area.
Does anyone know annywhere near where I can get a good remap and a RR.. near the same price?

Thanks, Ryan

are you going to fit the turbo first before you remap it ?

Yes mate,
I have planned to fit my turbo on the Sunday, and get a remap the following saturday.

You will be treated well from nick and/or Ben at rtech. They know alot about 1.8t's. I got mine done from them in march and still loving it!

Apart from the elusive hesitation problem i'm having (i don't think it is anything to do with the remap though).

How much and where did you get your k03s? as i am on the hunt for one at the mo.

ohright kool. what are you planning to get it mapped to bhp torque etc? or will it be a generic map?

I got my k03s from a 2002 Golf, for £150.

Brilliant little buy, its well worth looking on ebay for audi/vw/seat turbos, as alot of people selling them do not acutally know the correct name of the turbo or even its value.

I went on ebay going through page after page checking serial numbers to turbine blades and found this one.

Emery, Its a generic map for an AGU with a k03s however ive heard very good figures, with my 3" downpipe decat and 2.5" SS Exhaust Custom intake, and all my other fiddly mods im hoping to reach 235-240bhp. Rtechs bench mark is 235.

I'm also in the Bristol area mate and am running exactly the same setup.

I'm running a REVO Stage 1 map still but with a MBC. If you do go to RTech (I have spoken with them and have been considering it) would you mind letting me know what kind of power you get? Also, which map would you go for, the 230?

I've got 227 at the moment with my current setup but am having a few problems here and there so am after some more reliable power.

But in answer to your question, and having done a LOT of research into it, round these parts mate, you won't get a map and a RR before and after for the money that RTech are doing them for. It's a bargain!!

Welly- what torque power are you getting from your remap?

I'm running a k03s on my 1.8T with same mods, 3 inch downpipe, de-cat, 2.5" Milltek, but also running a rather large front mount intercooler. Its mapped with a Custom Code map but was tweeked to suit the particular mods, initially it produced a nice high figure of 254 bhp, but this was maxing out the injectors and fuel pump and was quite an agressive map, so it got brought back to take the strain off the injectors and fuel pump and to make it a reliable map, so now its running 235 bhp and feels awesome! Nice s mooth and strong power delivery throughout the rev range. Its faster than my previous remapped 2002 S3 which was running 265 bhp! I love it. :rockwoot:

Ive been to Rtech and had my map now.

Had a RR before and after.

Due to my silcone tip taking forever to come i had to fabricate a tip to fit my k03s which is leaking and loosing 2psi.

Howver i have my tip now jsut got to fit it :/

im runnning 220bhp,
However Nick wasnt happy with this and says if i come nack once i get the tip on he essures me he can get an extra 15-20 hp.

The great thing about Rtech is the way they map the car.

Its not a spike of power early on, its a constant power that holds the boost.

My cars very quick as it is, its scary.

Very Very happy with the work tho. brilliant.

they seem very good results mate!
this is my next mod on the list, its just trying to find a half decent ko3s turbo is the difficult part!
any tips on finding one?