Kuhmo Ecsta

Really, alot of people seem to slate kuhmo, the folks are running them on there a3 8p 2.0t and love them.

i'm running a set on my 2000 S3. For the money they are fantastic tyre, plenty of grip in both wet and dry and not too noisy. For £60 a corner you'll be hard pressed to beat them!!!!:yes:

Hi.
Had a flat on my 2 week old Michies...killed the sidewall.

So ive just replaced them with Kuhmo Ecsta SPT's..as they were more within my budget.
So far, after an enthusiastic drive home.. the grip like crap to a blanket!

Anyone else used them before?...how do they wear ect?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=ECSTA+SPT

happy days...
Well, after spunking £220 on a pair of michies.. i felt £60 was a safer bet.
it was either these or rikens lol.

I had a set a few years ago on my a3 1.8ts and was over the moon with them in all conditions including on track days. They also lasted very well.

Exellent.
Glad there not ditchfinders

Is there any different types of ecsta or are they just khumo ecstas?

i found them fine in the dry but poor in the wet. falken 452's all the way now baby........:yes:

kuhmo have a milion different types of tyres main sport one is ku31's

Is there any different types of ecsta or are they just khumo ecstas?
ECSTA KU31

ive been raving about them for ages. a friend of mine put them on her 8L 20vt and loves them.

theyre now starting to get a very good (deserved) reputation. i recommend them highly

I have four of KUMHO ECSTA on my S3, and I have to say that for the money I have spend on them (80 euro/each) they are almost brilliant. Can't blame them in any conditions. Wet or dry very good grip imho. :icon_thumright:

Pirelli P-Zero Rosso all the way. :p

Had Khumos on my second S3, i lost it on a roundabout doing 30mph believe it or not, was very wet. Never again will i buy cheap tyres!

G

I agree they are fine in the dry but terrible in the wet. If your not in a straight line when the boost comes on it very easily over powers the tyres and squirms like hell.

I've given them 2k miles to see if they got better when scrubbed in but they are coming off on Monday, just can't trust them with winter round the corner.