AH FabricationsBadger5
    8L > 8P > 8V

Status

Head unit Recommendation

Hi, in the A3 I'll be picking up later this week there's only the Chorus casette player system. No changer and I don't think there's any BOSE in the car. It's a 1.6 SE, 2002.

Could anyone recommend a decent HU that can connect to an iPod and control it through the HU (Also don't mind having an Aux 3.5mm socket), and ideally with Bluetooth to connect to my phone and take calls through it.

I won't be putting an amp or sub in the car, just sticking with the usual speakers, but want something to play my iPod through.

I read about VAG-COM devices can be ruined because something to do with the K-Line and the radio harness. Do I need to worry about that when trying to find a HU?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Bring on the Ice!!

Status
    you can play your iPod with a cassette (i do).

the best OEM headunit that should fit would be the Symphany II.

Dont think they've upgraded these with iPod connection, but they do also sell a separate iPod conversion, where, i think, it connects through the glove box.

Have a look at Stoke-audi on the home page here.
    S3 2001, Met Blk, Blk leather, armrest, cruise control, alu WM, TTRS 18s, Bose, Revo, H&R, Billies, FMIC, porsche GT3 calipers, R32 disks, quickshifter, new S3 gearstick, Neuspeed/R32 ARBs

Status
    Becker Gp is your best bet, Symphony II is technically no different than the Chorus apart from the built in changer and it's double DIN so won't fit anyway without changing the centre console.
    http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/GP799...wma-tuner.html

The CANBUS won't even be connected so won't effect VAGCOM.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Paul @ Unit on Facebook Visit Paul @ Unit's Instagram Channel
    concert single slot cd for me, still need to get one as my a3 had a stupid aftermarket sony mp3 player, want 40 for it if anyones intrested, to be honest its really good, just like standard radio's

2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport

6th Gear

Status
    Agree with AndyMac on this, I have the Becker GP unit (after taking AndyMac's advice). I'm very happy with it, it's subtle enough to fit in with the OE look and connects reliably using Bluetooth. Money well spent IMO.
    Imteyaz.