Head unit Recommendation

TDIQ

8L > 8P > 8V
Reaction score
Hi, in the A3 I'll be picking up later this week there's only the Chorus casette player system. No changer and I don't think there's any BOSE in the car. It's a 1.6 SE, 2002.

Could anyone recommend a decent HU that can connect to an iPod and control it through the HU (Also don't mind having an Aux 3.5mm socket), and ideally with Bluetooth to connect to my phone and take calls through it.

I won't be putting an amp or sub in the car, just sticking with the usual speakers, but want something to play my iPod through.

I read about VAG-COM devices can be ruined because something to do with the K-Line and the radio harness. Do I need to worry about that when trying to find a HU?

you can play your iPod with a cassette (i do).

the best OEM headunit that should fit would be the Symphany II.

Dont think they've upgraded these with iPod connection, but they do also sell a separate iPod conversion, where, i think, it connects through the glove box.

Have a look at Stoke-audi on the home page here.

concert single slot cd for me, still need to get one as my a3 had a stupid aftermarket sony mp3 player, want £40 for it if anyones intrested, to be honest its really good, just like standard radio's

Agree with AndyMac on this, I have the Becker GP unit (after taking AndyMac's advice). I'm very happy with it, it's subtle enough to fit in with the OE look and connects reliably using Bluetooth. Money well spent IMO.:icon_thumright: