Fitted my boost gauge

S3 ABV

Reaction score
As title, i fitted my boost gauge yesterday and all is working. I have a clear reading of my boost pressure which is 1.3 bar and the car seems to pull very well now after all the new parts fitted ect..

Question is, have i fitted the boost gauge to the right pipe correctly?

I have fitted the boost pipe to the small pipe that goes along the fuel rail to the under side of the inlet manifold. Is that the right one........also the vacum pressure is around -6 on the gauge on tickover

Any help/advice appraicated.

Thanks, Kev

Can post pic's tomoz mate. The pipe runs along the fuel rail then into the inlet mani.....

1.3 bar! Guessing its remapped. The best pipes to use are the 2 running down the block from the n249 valve and down under the inlet mani.

1.3 bar! Guessing its remapped. The best pipes to use are the 2 running down the block from the n249 valve and down under the inlet mani.

Yeah it's remapped. Hits 1.5 bar when cold then goes to 1.3 bar so i'm guessing the pipe is the right one.

Got any pics of fitting and display? Where have you put it?

I'm keen to see what mine is outputting!

Yeah it's remapped. Hits 1.5 bar when cold then goes to 1.3 bar so i'm guessing the pipe is the right one.

I checked mine the other day with the liquid S3 device and had similar results, as the Turbo comes in it'll peak at 1.5bar and then drop and hold 1.3 bar through the rev range...:icon_thumright:

I was thinking of getting a liquid for my S3 are they worth it? also how have you fitted yours in a vent?

I was thinking of getting a liquid for my S3 are they worth it? also how have you fitted yours in a vent?

They are quite expensive, I borrowed my mates...he hasn't Fitted it in a vent, just left it loose. It's brilliant for checking that everything is working as it should as I haven't got vag-com and don't know much about it...If you plan on keeping your car for some time it's a handy tool to have...