Clutch and Turbo replacment

random101

Reaction score
G'day,

well i think my clutch is about to die.. as when im cursing at 100km/h and i decide to drop my foot down, the revs just climb and the car doesn't accelerate accordingly (although it is fine in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th)
(sometimes it has been an issue in 5th)

As for the turbo well it might be time to replace it in the very near future

my questions are:

I need help sourcing out a clutch that wont break the bank same for the turbo, and from what i have gathered here you guys are pretty good at pointing out where money can be saved (fmic threads).

as i have done a bit of work i would rather go a heavier clutch (although nothing so that it becomes un drivable as i have heard of reports)

So if anyone could point me in the direction of links or stockiest, of a clutch that would be greatly appreciated (yes i have looked at german ebay and what not, although im not sure if there is something in particular you guys can recommend).

Also, instead of creating another thread how much luck have people had putting on audi TT bolt on FMIC onto s3s? ive heard there is a little bit of work that needs doing (cutting the bar and bamper) but i hope thats it (not sure if i have to remove the foglights)

Any help will be greatly appreciated, cheers from ozaudi.com !

Last edited:
Edit im looking at Luk any other recommendations ?

I think Luk are the standard supplier of Audi clutches these days but have heard the sach option is better.

I personally would change the flywheel at the same time but I guess its budget dependant and the condition of it.

Budget department is running on low, i have heard mixed things about sachs

would be keen to get another opinion, but ill have alook into them non the less.

also i have modified my down pipe as its a 3" now, i was wondering anyone recommend a replacement bolt on turbo that wont hurt the bank? ive been searching for days but am just going in circles.

any advice greatly appreciated :D

Bolt on turbo? Its gonna be a k04 or a k04 hydrid. Not exactly cheap to get a hybrid though. If your on a budget your best sticking with the standard k04.

Perhaps try ebay?

Ive always been shown a simple way to tell if the clutch is definately going. When your stationary put your car in 1st but leave the hand break on. Lift the clutch as if your pulling away and if the revs run away without the car lifting then your clutch is def on its way out. I have had my clutch slip once but its fine. You will find clutches and fly wheels on ebay.:icon_thumright:

indeed i have spent alot of time on ebay, although my mechanic wants to put something in he can trust

(i bought my FMIC and down pipe off ebay)

but ill keep looking i was hoping to find a turbo for about 1300us with fittings

i just fitted my solid flywheel and clutch conversion kit from euro car parts. the kit cost about 180 quid then 250 to fit so wasnt bad! and tbh there isnt much difference apart from you can feel the clutch now handles the tougue