Rear brake upgrade

Joeleol

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my rear disks to something that doesnt look so weedy, Its purely for cosmetics, but I was just wondering if theres anyone that has done this?

BTW - The car is a 1999 Audi A3 1.8T Sport FWD

Cheers

I have an ECS stage 1 upgrade, which are 308mm big on the rears, I'd personally just colour code the calipers and put grooved disks on your car.

Jojo your car must weigh a frickin tonne haha.

Jojo - like the sound of the ECS rear brake upgrade. Don't have any pics do you?

Cheers,
Gav

:hubbahubba:

Jojo - like the sound of the ECS rear brake upgrade. Don't have any pics do you?

Cheers,
Gav

:hubbahubba:

I don't unfortunately, but you can read more about them here, ECS Stage 1 Rear Brakes, and there's also a vid in there to see them.

I personally did it for looks, it's a bit overkill for a road car, but I haven't locked them up out on the track neither, so they are doing something! :icon_thumright:

You mean front haha. Ive got 90/10 in my head for some reason.

Tbh I don't see the point in getting massive brakes at the rear, isn't it something like 70% of the braking is done at the rear?

I've kept quiet thus far but I have to say Jojo's S3 is the only one I know with the rears bigger than the front discs :)

im thinking of using S4 rear discs on mine. As much for looks as it would be for stopping power.
The are 300mm
They need re drilling to 5x100 and a small bracket making to lift the caliper a little.

The weight of the disc arent massively diffrent. That little an adition surely isnt going to change how the car performs.