Fried egg lights

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Ive tried to find out what side light bulbs can be fitted into my head lights ( face lift ) to get rid of the yellow dull light from the side lights which looks shocking along side the Zenons.
When i searched for it people seem to say led side lights are the way to go. But it seemed alot of them needed somekind of modding to either stop the car from thinking the bulb had blown ( throwing the dash light on ) or cutting the rear of the head light to get them in...
Im looking for a direct fit. no hassle straight swap item.
Can anybody help??:sos:

Never changed the side lights on the s3, whats it like todo? And yeah i agree with you paul the standard side lights are crap.

Yes it's not hard at all. Just need a some patience and a steady hand. Unclipping the back light covers is a delicate procedure as they can break as you'll see... so take ur time. Once there out accept your gonna have to squeeze your hand quite tightly but it's doable. I managed to get small pliers in there to tug them out, or lighty pull the wire but bevery carefull not to break them!

So all the covers and battery cover comes out to give you access.. On the drivers side the plastic that covers the washer bottle and coolant bottle again need to come out to give you room! Just 2 screws there, just have a big thick flatblade ready, it's not hard. :)

Never changed the side lights on the s3, whats it like todo? And yeah i agree with you paul the standard side lights are crap.

It's a lot easier on a prefacelift with 2 piece headlights Dan, as our sidelights are on the insides of the lamps. Facelift cars have the sidelights on the outside and xenons on the inner lamps, which makes them a PITA to swop.

put simple LEDs from ebay in mine too, a bit fiddly but not too bad. they look so much better!

i ended up paying around £4 for two from aceparts, only one has gone within 6 months, i contacted them and they sent another free :)

i got some pia extreme ones. straight swap, no blue just a pure white.

Yes pretty sure they're the same fitament for both.

Glad to hear it Dani, which ones did you go for?

The ones you posted the link to, sure there white but with the faintest blue tint, match the xenons perfect.