Needing advice on what to do!

Mr.G

Reaction score
Hi all!

My exhaust is on it's way out i think, it's getting louder and has started blowing.

So my question would be do i get a Milltek or standard exhaust as a replacement. I've read that millteks don't sit right and no performance gains can be seen in the "real" world. Whats the point in spending £450 on a stainless exhaust when a standard one might be cheaper?

What are your views.?

Thanks in advance!

G

Personally I'd stay standard mate. It'll fit properly and be cheaper. I'm anti after-market exhausts ever since I had a 4" rolled scorpion on my renault 5 turbo :respekt:
Rattled like ****!

TBH westle is right & unless you have a 300-400bhp monster, then stock is perfectly ok for back pressures, I ran 275 S3 for 7 years & never felt need for milltek, check ebay aswell or breakers for used S3 exhaust.

I went with a Milltek because it was the same price as a stock replacement and is guaranteed for life. Oh and it sounds meaty, not loud just nice.

This is true if buying new from audi, thus would buy milltek in this situation

Milteks get a lot of stick for 'not fitting right' but that is down to the fitter not the system. I have had one on my Corrado VR6 and now on my A4 2.8, both NA so no increase in bhp but a big increase in driveability as the engine can breath instead of feeling asthmatic

Morning.

Thanks for the replies and advice lads. So if i was to go milltek, what company would you suggest to fit it for me? Someone who's obviously clued up on fitting these and getting them to sit right!

Or do i order it and fit via a local garage? Where's the best place to purchase from?

I must admit i like the idea of a stainless cat back system. I appreciate all the advice lads, really! So thanks once again. Nothing like an informed decision is there! :)

G

I have had the same dilemma recently and decided to go down the Milltek route, even though my car is standard at the moment. I have gone for a non-res, cat-back system, my cats are on the way out too, but are covered by Audi until April, so i have left them on in the hope that they will go while they are covered!! My exhaust is being fitted by APS tomorrow (www.autops.co.uk), Ed and the guys are fantastic, I have been using them for all my cars since they opened, can't fault the knowledge or service they provide, plus they did me deal including fitting.

Chris