Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    3rd Gear

Status

JBS & CustomCode

I'm planning on getting a stage one CustomCode remap. I see JBS have a good deal here .

Just wondering what peoples experiences have been with them. Would you recommend?

Also what are peoples experiences with the FMCL007P. Is this the favoured replacement DV for the S3? Is it really needed? Any problems or issues with replacing the standard DV with this one?

Audi S3 1.8T 20v 210/225BHP Package 1

Phase 1 Custom-Code Software
    305.90Inc Vat

Green Cotton Filter
    46.00Inc Vat

Forge FMCL007P Diverter Valve
    97.21Inc Vat

Toal RRP 449.11Inc Vat

Package Price Total 350.00Inc Vat

SAVING OF 99.11Inc Vat

2. # ADS
    ADS

SDO
    1st Gear

Status
    i'ved used them a few times and they've been quality cant fault them

A3 1.8T - S3 Black Leather interior, Pipercross panel filter, CC stage 1 remap, Vr6 clutch, G60 flywheel

6th Gear

Status
    That is the DV of choice, worth doing with the remap...

Good value package that !
    revo'd

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    i have a custom code map and think its ace, i have driven against a Revo and even though the power delivery of the CC is supposed to be more spread across the rev range.... you couldnt pull us apart on a bypass in numerous conditions

regards the 007P, im putting one on mine this weekend (borrowed) to see if i can tell any difference that is worth while..... the only good think i know of is the improved reliability over stock, that said ive got the origianl 20 OEM item on mine after 1 year with the map, and mines absolutely spot on.... incidently the best ive found is DPM offering the 007P @ 80 +delivery
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Smell my finger.

Status
    I have a Custom Code map on my A3, really nice. Thats on a KO3 turbo though so not sure how it would 'feel' compared to an S3.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    bit slower

4th Gear

Status
    I too have the stage 1 Custom Code and cant fault it one bit, even improved my fuel economy when I drive properly!

5th Gear

Status
    I have JBS's stage 1 deal (350) and am very happy with it and their service. recommended.

I had a coil pack fail as soon as it was mapped though so they changed all 4 for me (and plugs), then the clutch started slipping, but that was a leaking slave cylinder. All sorted now (new clutch too) and pulls very well

I had to fit the filter a week later as they were out of stock. It made no difference to power (noticeable) but made it sound better. More air rush when the turbo kicked in if you know what i mean!
    AUTOMAP
    Mobile ECU Remapping Services

automap.remapping@gmail.com
    www.eliteremaps.com

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Paul @ Unit on Facebook Visit Paul @ Unit's Instagram Channel
    bill will through a good word your way too

2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    ok just sourced a 007P today from my kind neighbour to test...it appears that i may have solved my slight boost judder....upon removal the OEM item seemed to had twisted prob due to my silicone TIP having a bit of an angle on it....regardless i think this may have caused a slight boost leak....... anyway i thought i should bite the bullet after holding off for so long so i rang JBS to see if they could price match DPM...they actually said they would then beat them voluntarily when i got down there - so i nipped over and now have my very own 007P
    Last edited by 1animal1; 19th September 2009 at 15:54.

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replies. Seems all good news with this package and JBS.

Bit worried about the coil packs - as I've heard a lot of people on here saying that they went on them after getting a remap.

I'm coming from Ireland (across on the ferry) to get it done, and back on the same day. Just wondering if I should buy some coilpacks in case they go? Last thing I want is to be left stranded half way across the UK and miss my ferry home!

I've replaced my spark plugs only last month. So they should be grand?

Someone told me that if I'm not getting an miss-fires, then there should be no reason why my coil packs would suddenly go when getting a remap - does this sound true? Because I checked for miss-fires with VAG-COM and there were none. Is there any other way to assess the standard of coilpacks?

Is it something about the remaps the suddenly causes coilpacks to go? Or is simply that they were on the way out and the remap just made them pack up a little sooner?

Status
    not true at all,I had a remap as soon as I purchased my ess and for two and a half years no problem...then one frosty morning I booted it and all of a sudden my hot hatch turned into a massey ferguson tractor !!
    coilpacks are no biggy in Audi ownership but avoid gsf cheapest ones as my mate replaced his blown ones and they went as soon as he started it up.

oh and I run with a Revo remap but custard code are very competitive and if I were remapping now I might be keen with that package.

6th Gear

Status
    It might be worth buying 1 or 2 coil packs and keep them in the boot for piece of mind as your traveling a distance, like voorhees though, I had mine remapped at jabbasport as soon as I bought it over 18 months ago and haven't had a problem with my coil packs thas far "touchwood"...

Luck of the draw really...

And you know how sods law works...lol
    revo'd

1st Gear

Status
    I flashed a TT Brisbane earlier this year with Custom-Code and it did a coilpack on the test drive. I had taken a pair of new ones with me and we fitted one as it actually threw a code.

Off up the street and as soon as it came on boost, same story. Each time we fitted one it did another. We ended up buying 4 new ones. Sods law though saturday afternoon when everyone is shut or there's some big footy match going on and the parts place has shut early......

@ Metricspaces, what's your engine code? The BAM 225 motor is much more prone to failed coilpacks than the 210hp motors which have the bolt down ones.

I'd be budgeting for it if you have a BAM and taking the tools with you.

The same happened when I had a Leon Cupra done by James, when I was becoming an agent. The first one went after 24 hours. Luckily I was 2 minutes from home and had another car for work. It was a freezing morning as well.

You'll not regret it.

Gavin

Gavin

RIP S3dave

Status
    plug gaps are a factor with coil packs i think.. wide/worn and more energy to jump the spark, on an already weak/tired coil pack, add some extra boost and - eak-cough-splutter
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    2 of mine went after my CC with 4 new recent plugs....NGKs from Audi

id buy 4 packs for sake of 100

6th Gear

Status
    agree with tim. i keep a couple of spares in the boot now just incase they go.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

RIP S3dave

Status
    its not a CC phenomenon btw, also happens on others performance code.. nature of the beast. more boost, more cylinder pressure, weak spark blows out
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

4th Gear

Status
    I havent had any problems so far with my BAM engine since the remap, its probably just luck of the draw I guess.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I must be pretty lucky, in the 8 years I've owned my S3, I'm still running the original coil packs! - Touchwood. But then I've hardly used it, it's under 60k miles still and been remapped for the last 25k miles.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

3rd Gear

Status
    Im an APY 210bhp. Thanks for the feedback. I think i'll order maybe two coilpacks just to keep me safe. Are they easy to fit? Would an AA breakdown mechanic be able to fit them?

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    all you'll need is a pozzi drive and 10mm spanner with you packs.... thats what i carry as two of mine were fine, once mapped though i decided not to tempt fate....you dont want one of those going then having to identify which has gone...easy if your competent at that type of stuff, if your not you can find yourself sat at the side of the road waiting for the engine to cool before you can touch them, then having to research the problem.....

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    all you'll need is a pozzi drive and 10mm spanner with you packs.... thats what i carry as two of mine were fine, once mapped though i decided not to tempt fate....you dont want one of those going then having to identify which has gone...easy if your competent at that type of stuff, if your not you can find yourself sat at the side of the road waiting for the engine to cool before you can touch them, then having to research the problem.....
    Thanks. So you'd recommend buying four and just replacing them all if one should go?

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    thats what i did mate, make sure you get them from Audi though to make sure you get the latest ones, they about 2 more than other places so worth it, i replaced them all and kept my 2 working ones for spares (1 in the boot)

i replaced 1 when my map was done then another went intermittently during overtaking on a bypass, the power dropped and off and it wouldnt hold high boost... i never want that to happen again

5th Gear

Status
    I agree with Animal. Get all four and you're covered for the journey home.
    AUTOMAP

www.eliteremaps.com

3rd Gear

Status
    Ok, gonna stick in four new coil packs this week before the remap, as I can't take the risk of being stranded and missing my ferry home! So, fingers crossed it'll work out ! My plugs are only a month old so they'll be good for another while.

Getting my track rods replaced this week also and reallignment done. So hopefully it'll be like driving a new machine after all this!

5th Gear

Status
    I think you'll love the extra grunt. It makes a big difference!
    AUTOMAP

www.eliteremaps.com