Got owned by classifieds seller

neodc

Reaction score
Hey guys, i wanted some coilovers, and there was a set on the classifieds here, its still on there, the full coilover set for a3 2004 brand new boxed etc. When i rang the chap he said they were fully ajustable fk coilovers, and he just wanted to get rid as he had a new car etc.

So i paid for them, and after a very slow delivery, they arrivived and they are Raceland Coilovers, only height ajustable, rang the bloke, he answered said he'd call me back and hasnt.. now doesnt answer the phone..

Your classifieds section should make people post 20 times before selling something to stop tossers like that being on here..

Not a good start to my ownership of Audi..

Rant over

Dave

ah what..that sucks mate. Are they any good. Or are they crap?

Hey guys, i wanted some coilovers, and there was a set on the classifieds here, its still on there, the full coilover set for a3 2004 brand new boxed etc. When i rang the chap he said they were fully ajustable fk coilovers, and he just wanted to get rid as he had a new car etc.

So i paid for them, and after a very slow delivery, they arrivived and they are Raceland Coilovers, only height ajustable, rang the bloke, he answered said he'd call me back and hasnt.. now doesnt answer the phone..

Your classifieds section should make people post 20 times before selling something to stop tossers like that being on here..

Rant over

Dave
sad to hear, agree, also ike on the fiat coupe forum, name, adress and contact numbers

Well, i've started a paypal claim, but now i'm stuck with a brand new set of Raceland coilovers which are no use to me. Anyone selling fully ajustables ? :(

I'm not sure on the drop, i'd expect them to be around 70 to 100mm ? I'd expect they are sub 200 quid coils..

Sorry to hear about whats happend. As Byzan A4 said PM him the details, he is a mod and hopefully they should be able to do some thing about this.
May just be best to keep ringing him. Do you have an address?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that. Did you get a name/address from him?

Rant over

Dave

how will that stop scams? Someone will just post crap in 20 posts and then?

Anyway, what year is you car?

You posted in the 8L forum and you bought some 2004 coilovers, not sure if they will fit even if you got the fk ones.

In all fairness what can the mods actually do. There is no legally binding contract when you advertise on here. Same as anywhere else. All they can do is drop the ad and ban the user.

I removed it this morning. Until then i had not had any communication from the OP as to who and where the ad was etc