S3 Problem :(

StevoS3

Reaction score
Hey all, Need some help... Ok 5 days ago coming back from work, was pulling out and car really struggled to pull and sounded like bag of s*** and engine management light came on, pulled over and phoned a tow home. Got the mechanic next door to have a look and found that the 1st coil pack went. So 3 days ago got the new coil pack fitted and started working sound so I went for a spin so it could work out the engine manage etc (Breaking no speed limits) and was all cool for the day. So next day I've been driving about bits n bobs thru the day and I gave it a good hard burst from second gear rolling out a junction, got to about 4/4half RPM and it really sortov badly splittered, and kinda cut power a bit ( really hard to explain ) it didnt happen bad i just thought it was sumthing pinging about underneath the car as I could hear a strange sound from under the car as it happened, I carried on accelerating and got into high revs of 3rd and it done it again but worse and engine management light started flashing, as soon as i stopped accelerating it stopped and the light went off. I just thought it had something to do with the new coil pack bedding in. Next day it done it again and worse and now quite worried. No problems whatsoever unless I power hard. Mechanic
says he's pretty sure its not another coil pack as it doesn't so much sound like misfiring n he's gonna grab the diagnostics from his work first chance he gets.

Anyone else had this problem or along these lines? OR IDEA'S!?