JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

A3 Wheel Fitment

Hi all,

this is my first post. I have only owned my 51 plate A3 Tdi Quatro for 3 weeks and i am looking for new wheels and have a few questions if anyone can help me.

the pics of the A3's on here are great, some lovely looking cars.

I like the TT comps, but did they only come in a 17inch wheel??

What audi wheels are a direct fitment to the a3 of my year??

i have seen some with Porsche wheels and they look top, but are any porsche wheel a direct fit or are they adapted to fit?? or where is the best place to get replicas of the turbo wheels??

would the BBS Ch style i think 18 inch be a direct fit??

as i am on the turbo sport alloys at the mo (16inch) dont want to lose to much comfort and would going to 18inch loose the comfort or would it not be too noticable??

i know its a lot of questions, but i want to get new wheels asap lol and i've never owned a German car before and really know nothing.

thanks

aaron - newbie

2. # ADS
    ADS

Smell my finger.

Status
    Hello Aaron

The wheel fitment you need is 5 x 100, this refers to the stud pattern. If you opt for 18's then expect a lot more road noise and also a harsher ride. I know when I went to 18's on mine I thought my teeth were going to come out!.

If you run 18's then you want to look at lowering your car because on 18's it will look like a monster truck.

There are lots of wheels available for your car in 5 x 100, look for an offset of ET35 too. If you like the look of BBS CH's then I hope you have deep pockets, if not then there are replicas around for about the 600 mark with tyres.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Smell my finger.

Status
    Edited to add...

Straight fit Audi wheels would be anytthing off a same age TT, A3, S3 etc.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

1st Gear

Status
    thanks Tom,

i think i may just go for the 17s then as i rember the feeling of the teeth and not sure i want that again lol..

do they make the RS4 (old style) in 17 and wold they be a direct fitment as ive seen a few on here with them and they are nice.. i like the polished tt comps but im guessing a polished wheel would be a lot to look after??

aaron
    A3 Tdi Quattro 3Dr 51 Plate