F.A.O Richy

Alonzo

Reaction score

Hi Mate,
In a previous post you posted:-

well heres real life facts..

my a3 3.2 DSG beats the following

RS focus, CTR, Golf R32 ive raced and won.

level with the TT.

the 350
kicked my ***

The 350z bit i'm interested in as i know your car is really quick and having driven a 350z (supervised by salesman) i sampled its explosive power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Was just hoping you could post the bout between your A3 3.2DSG and the Z?
Am gonna buy the Z thats all mate
Cheers
Danny

[ QUOTE ]
trident21 said:
YOU most be a bad driver! .... :p

[/ QUOTE ]

That Avatar is awesome mate!! how the hell do you make them..Wish i could do them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

You take a series of photos and the use an animated GIF maker to join them altogether.. theres a selection on here..

I can't vouch for any of them as I haven't used any of them.

[ QUOTE ]
cybrey said:
You take a series of photos and the use an animated GIF maker to join them altogether.. theres a selection on here..

I can't vouch for any of them as I haven't used any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for that mate

not a bad driver at all mate.. thanx....

considering i spend all my time on the road id say i have alot of driving experience from the small time ive been driving...

350z seemed to whip across the round abouts better and picked up alot quicker than mine... top speed im not sure on and how long it takes to get there between the 2 but from second gear i'd say the 350z all the way..

but u cant change from a german to a erm... yeah nissan thats the one..

ok nice looking car but as they are new out i think its a fad such as the mitsi warriors.. everyones got them now days because of the pickup craze but who elese thinks they are really crap!! lol sorry..

also say to a bird u have a audi outside and they are interested if u say u have a nissan outside.... then they dont wanna know..

even if it does look nice..

u got to think about these

pro's

looks nice, handles very good, speed and overall performance, tuning (possibilitys are very good)

cons,
the name, the name, the name, build quality, service costs, the options that are avalible are lacking alot. and oh did i mention the name..

call me materialistic but thats the way i see it..

overall at the end of the day its upto you.. but see u in a year or 2 maybe back in a proper dealership buying the best built cars and well established brand such as VW,Audi,Porsche in the world...

have a good weekend..

[ QUOTE ]
richy said:
350z seemed to whip across the round abouts better and picked up alot quicker than mine... top speed im not sure on and how long it takes to get there between the 2 but from second gear i'd say the 350z all the way..

have a good weekend..

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for that mate!!
After having driven 2 350Z's now i think the build quality is pretty good, theres definately no rattles from the road and the Bose which is twice as good as the Audi a3's after the Andy Mac sub mod doesnt produce any annoying rattles from inside the car either when played on full.
As for the name, well if it looks and drives that well (which it does) with a very throaty exhaust all the way from start then its not an issue for me to be honest.
I watched this footage of a tt 3.2DSG VS 350Z (both UK cars) and the Z was nearly 5 secs faster per lap.
Every car mag rate it Coupe of the Year, its cheap to buy (£24000) as for options theres various nismo body parts, various alloys, A GT pack(£2500) (Heated/electric Leather seats, 240w bose+10" sub, Cruise control, A phone adapter which displays your phones menu's onto the S-nav screen which is controlled via the steering wheel,etc etc ) So in short theres loads of options.
All i'm saying mate if your a badge snob then theres nothing i can do to persuade you but if you ever get a chance to test drive one do it, then post back i
guarantee youll be impressed.
As ive said i've Test driven the 3.2.TT, Crossfire, SLK 350(Awesome but not worth the money as its basicall the same performance as Z for 15K more if both specced the same) and the Z is so much better than the TT and even better again than the Chrisler Crossfire.
I dare you to drive one then post back your honest review?
All you need is your drivers licence mate.
See you in a bit
Alonzo

Alonzo,

Why not buy a Mitsubishi EVO instead? You will then have better performance than the RS6, at a fraction of the cost! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just Plain Old said:
Alonzo,

Why not buy a Mitsubishi EVO instead? You will then have better performance than the RS6, at a fraction of the cost! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Surely if you were comparing the RS6 with a Lancer Evolution, you'd be leaving out design/style/image, and then wouldn't a drum of high-test peroxide a saddle be an even better choice? - REALLY cheap and REAAAAALLY fast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

Rob.

just plain old.

you cant compare the rs6 and the evo.. they are designed with different things in mind..

alonzo..

again you are comparing different types of cars.. a 2 seater against a small hatchback..

gave you my opinion..:)

in a bit people!

[ QUOTE ]
richy said:
alonzo..

again you are comparing different types of cars.. a 2 seater against a small hatchback..

gave you my opinion..:)

in a bit people!

[/ QUOTE ]

Richy mate,
go and test drive one then post a review.
You dont have to buy every car you test drive.
All you need is a drivers license and turn up at the Nissan Stealers.
Go on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just read this again mate:-

[ QUOTE ]
richy said:
also say to a bird u have a audi outside and they are interested if u say u have a nissan outside.... then they dont wanna know..

[/ QUOTE ]

So tell them you have a 350Z outside and they'll be impressed, As when you to a bird you have an Audi outside you could have an A2 for all she knows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Id prefer a 350Z over any Audi out now except The S4/6s and RS versions but i dont fancy spending 40G's on my next car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Maybe the future TT will wipe the floor with the Z and if so then i'll definately be back to Audi but until they do its the Z for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

alonzo... 99% of girls dont even know one car from another...

they go off colours and if its shiny and smells nice..

"ooooo... its got leather... thats nice" lol

then there is the girl who knows what a crap car is and what a good and amazing car is..

then another that is only interested if its a porka or comes from italy..

and the rest well... they speak for themselfs as they know far too much about cars than they should! lol

leave the men to the cars,golf,football and pub and all will be peacefully in this world! lol

sorry for been sexist.... in one of them moods..

oh and ill go test drive one not this weekend but next..

creamfields is this weekend and i dont intead to drive for till tuesday as i will either be asleep or too Fukked to drive! lol

Yo Richy,
You been in the TT Eater yet mate?
If so dont forget to report an honest review and if not why?
Holla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

aint had chance mate.. been sorting out my new job..

finally got it through today all the details /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif start on the 27th!!!

and handed my notice in today to finish on the 20th.. so sorting out some stuff for me to do while im off.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

and i think that might be one of them..

[ QUOTE ]
richy said:
aint had chance mate.. been sorting out my new job..

finally got it through today all the details /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif start on the 27th!!!

and handed my notice in today to finish on the 20th.. so sorting out some stuff for me to do while im off.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

and i think that might be one of them..

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice mate, nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

no comparison what so ever!!! whats half a second or so from 0-60 when you are talking about that kinda exeleration (evo x rs6)........plus get both cars up to 100mph then see what one still has punch and can go another 80 or so miles faster...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif at the end of the day the rs6 is pure class, upto date tehcnology (with small radiator behind each intercooler to keep the temp just right) grunt and quality build...i want one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

I've test drove the Z and generally liked it, but the Bose is crap compared the the sound quality of the bose in my S3 and porka. You dont need it though as the exhaust note is beautiful. It didnt feel like 280Bhp though but thats probably as its so well balanced.

The build quality is v.good but the quality of materials is rubish, it just looks a bit, well - chatty but for £24K its probably very good value considering im gonna spend £27K on an erm......clio /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

So i know where your coming from alonzo! Its your choice so you dont have to justify your purchase as im sure the Clio v6 is not as good as my current S3 in a lot of respects but at the end of the day i want one and so im having it!

Please tell me your not going for metallic ginger though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Yeah, thats what i'm tryin to say, that she isn't worth bothering with. I get a lot of compliments just with my A3 (which suprised me a bit, simply becuase i didn't realise people loved them so much), but as girls don't really know anything about cars, and don't care about things such as build quality, prestige, interior, history, engine etc etc, they are normally gonna go on one thing, which is looks. And i think they would be much more impressed by the 350z, simply cos of its presence and how fast and powerful it looks.

Jimbo, i know what your saying with the Ferrari, my point was simply that i can understand a guy being able to pull a girl by saying he has a Ferrari (however unlikey that is to happen) but not by saying he has a Audi. Simply becuase of the image, them type of girls (who go with a man just cos he has a nice car) would probably be more interested if you said you had a BMW.

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
I never say to people " i have an audi outside" however if i do take a girl out i think they are pleasantly suprised when i pull up in the A3 , how many girls do you realistically know that have been picked up in a lambo or a 'rari ? Its all relative mate - for my age , my car is pretty [censored] hot i think personally and some women do find that sort of thing a turn on ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here mate... for us young'uns, the fact you've got an audi is great (although most womens next comment after hearing audi is "is it a TT" lol)... I know my miss's absolutely loves my car, and her mates love it too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Sorry mate - but you are talking out of your ring there. I know dozens of girls who are just as in to cars as i am. I dont think there are many people out there who succesfuly pull by saying what sort of car they have becuase basically - it makes them sound like a nob gobbler! hehe!

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
I never say to people " i have an audi outside" however if i do take a girl out i think they are pleasantly suprised when i pull up in the A3 , how many girls do you realistically know that have been picked up in a lambo or a 'rari ? Its all relative mate - for my age , my car is pretty [censored] hot i think personally and some women do find that sort of thing a turn on ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here mate... for us young'uns, the fact you've got an audi is great (although most womens next comment after hearing audi is "is it a TT" lol)... I know my miss's absolutely loves my car, and her mates love it too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Know the feelin about the TT thing ! does my nut in ! lol! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Know the feelin about the TT thing ! does my nut in ! lol! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif My normal reply to that is "*sigh* No, im not a hairdresser or a woman" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I know girls know about cars, the ones who do know their stuff aren't gonna be impressed by the word 'Audi' becuase they will know that not all Audi models are flash and worth 50 grand, and the ones who don't know about cars are also not gonna be impressed just cos you say Audi becuase they won't know about it. But yeah, since i came back to uni at least 10 people have comlimented me on my A3, and its still got standard pepper pot alloys, so i'm quite chuffed.

Hey, more faith in your car guys! It doesn't matter what audi it is its still a nice car as audi don't do run of the mill [censored] like fiesta's/corsa's/saxo's.

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
Hey, more faith in your car guys! It doesn't matter what audi it is its still a nice car as audi don't do run of the mill [censored] like fiesta's/corsa's/saxo's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tis a good point!

[ QUOTE ]
pimpmyaudi said:
since i came back to uni at least 10 people have comlimented me on my A3, and its still got standard pepper pot alloys, so i'm quite chuffed.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif although pepper pots are commonly referred to on the fiesta mk2 XR2...which brings me to the point of I used to own one (not in boy racer stylee) and the chap I sold it to upon purchasing my t-sport has just had a shed load of work done on it to keep it to it's original state. I've just took it out for a spin and what fun it was! brought big smiles to my face as it was just like driving a lil go kart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I soooooooooo realise the luxuries the audi has to offer though. the main difference was the steering - so much heavier in the old fiesta (none of this power steering malarky which I now take for granted) anyway lots of fun - sorry for the slight change of subject there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lol.. nope still not had the chance to drive one.. kinda been side tracked with alot of things.. but ill make it my mission to go test one before the years out..

as with pimpmy shed.. what is it with you and beemers?

when i made the comment of "well women preffer the audi badge over a nissan badge" i was reffering to the image that is more appealing to a woman. agree on the fact that its sad to try and pull a girl with just your car..

and as for women saying "is it a TT" ... humm.. i dunno whats with that car.. but woman just love it.. haha.

but still after all this talk.. at the end of the day.. i would still preffer to have my car parked outside than the 350.. my choice and opinion.