Wheel spacer questions

Davsurfa

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of fitting wheelspacers. But I though I'd access this fountain of knowledge with a few questions before I dive in.

1) Where can I get them from and how much?(Except AMD, £48.30 per wheel!?!)

2) Which types(if they make more than one, cast washer style or billet with offset threads) are better?

3) How wide can I go before I hit problems?

4) Anyone fitted them and found problems?

5) Generally are they a good idea?

Cheers

esp engineering are your best bet i used them the other week and they're top quality and the cheapest in the uk i think i'd stick to 10-15mm personally it makes a big difference to the look
ESP Engineering
Unit 2, St. Florian House
Brooklands Park Industrial Estate
Crowborough
East Sussex
TN6 2JR

Tel: 01892 613292

How do you fit the spacers? Dont need to weld them on to the alloys do you

I fancy some of these. How do they effect handling. Good points, any bad points?

To fit them you just need longer wheel bolts then the wheels bolt back on through the spacers, job done!

The ESP ones on ebay come with bolts... Had to cut them down a bit for the 10mm ones as they were too long... The guy knows this though... I did a 'Make an offer' on the auction of £45, won them at that price.... bargain :)

<tuffty/>

I fancy some of these. How do they effect handling. Good points, any bad points?

They can make torque steer worse, and if you go silly wide, can speed up wheel bearing wear.
I doubt you'll notice much difference with 10-16mm spacers on an S3 though, I didn't.

I fitted 13mm spacers to my Fabia vRS though, and it was awful...torque steered all over the place. They lasted a few days...then into the bottom of the toolbox they went.