Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

1999 Audi A3 1.8t 150bhp

hi all, ive been doing some research about what performance mods i can do to my audi but im still undecided! im looking for around 200+ bhp, so i need a remap ect ect!
    could you please recommend me a remap, filter or induction kit, D.V (not a blow off valve), exhaust system and anything else i need!
    many thanks
    brad

998bradley
    present cars
    99 audi a3 1.8t
    89 vw golf gti 16v f150gkj (for sale)

past cars
    91 vw golf 1.6 driver j122gpx
    86 vw golf gti 8v d747ujm

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    if you have the k03 turbo i dont think youll see over 200, my mate had his golf running at 197bhp with a custom exaust and custom remap. but if you want over 200 bp, then get the k03s turbo, with a dv get the forge 007 and dont get a induction kit get a decent panel filter, green cotton panel filter is what ive got, youll need a forge tip and for the exhaust the custom route if you want to save money, i cant advise on what exhaust to get, most get milltech, but heard some issues about them.

Id get a brake upgrade too, to help you stop the extra 50bhp !

you can get revo remap, but id personally get a custom, which takes into account the mods you have.
    Its gone replaced with a mk2 golf gti 16v :D

Smell my finger.

Status
    You have a KO3 turbo (like me!) and you'll be lucky to see 200bhp without upgrading to a KO3S.

I've got the following engine mods:

Custom Code Stage 1 remap
    Forge 007 DV
    Forge TIP
    Green Cotton panel filter
    3" cat-back stainless exhaust

I would put a ball park figure at about 190bhp but I've not had it on the rollers.

Car feels quick enough though, much MUCH better than standard anyway. its got LOADS of more mid range and the powers really smooth through the whole rev range. Its nice to drive to be honest, I dont think I can be ar$ed to go for a KO3S. After speaking to the people who mapped it the 150bhp KO3 AGU motors nicer to drive mapped than a KO3S (although has less power). Smoother power delivery on a Custom Code map anyway.

I've done all I can now without spending cash on a de-cat and KO3S etc, I'm happy with it....still makes me smile anyway!.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Neutral

Status
    thanks for the info! how do i go about a brake upgrade then? is it an easy job?
    thanks
    brad

998bradley
    present cars
    99 audi a3 1.8t

past cars

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Paul @ Unit9Rempas on Facebook Visit Paul @ Unit9Rempas's Instagram Channel
    surely you can get just over the magic 200 with

FMIC
    panel filter & CAI
    s/s exhaust
    Re-map

that sure would take you to stage 2

2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paul26982 View Post
    surely you can get just over the magic 200 with

FMIC
    panel filter & CAI
    s/s exhaust
    Re-map

that sure would take you to stage 2
    Nope, I dont think so. The K03 is just a hot air pump really, its tiny. KO3S to get a solid 200bhp plus for sure. That mod list is what I have, minus the FMIC. FMIC doesnt add power, it just stops your car dropping power when things warm up...doesnt add ANYTHING.

As for the brake upgrade, east peasy. S3 carriers and discs and your sorted!.

I still have standard size on mine but with cross drilled discs and greenstuff pads. Loads better than standard and loads of bite.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

1st Gear

Status
    I have an ebay FMI a Jabba sport induction kit with the filter changed to a rip speed stainless filter. i have a forge splitter valve set to re circ , A Sebring cat back exhaust with an Ebay down pipe and cat replacement. A power boost valve and an Imposible performance remap which gives me 201bhp I've got some lightened pulley wheels to go on when i can afford it but no rush at the mo
    The light that burns twice as bright , burns half as long.

Neutral

Status
    is a CAI a cold air intake?? i dont know much about my car! ive only ever owned mk2 golfs!! so thats why i ask 120 questions about everything!!

998bradley
    present cars
    99 audi a3 1.8t

past cars

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Paul @ Unit9Rempas on Facebook Visit Paul @ Unit9Rempas's Instagram Channel
    yep, cold air intake

2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Brad mate, go for the ko3S, it's SO worthwhile, it's just an all round better drive.

i'll have the audi back at work next week. Gimme a shout if you're on the north side at all (I'll be in astravan WJX) and I'll take you for a spin one lunch time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Neutral

Status
    cool cheers mate! im at corsham near bath at the moment but as soon as im goin to hindhead i'll give u a shout!!

998bradley
    present cars
    99 audi a3 1.8t

past cars