Clutch pedal snapped

campbell

Reaction score
travelling half mile down the road to the girlfriends and low and behold the clutch pedal snapped! Stranded on a sat night.
Whats the process for fixing it? How much for a new pedal? I have noticed the pedal has snapped off some plastic, and the rod into the master cylinder is slightly bent. Any ideas will be much appreciate!
Thankyou

£20 for the pedal. £7 for new plastic bits and bushes. 30 minutes to an hour to fit. Did mine a couple of weeks ago.

top job guys, thanks. Cant believe the rest of the car is built like a tank and this is a common problem! Only fixed another common problem, the door switch which keeps the interior lights on lol
Happy days!

apart from the obvious place, audi stealers, were could i pick one up from at the weekend? If not ill have to book day off work to get one

Get your old one rewelded, thats what i did... you can ensure a good weld all round the box that holds the plastic clip then... if you get a new one it's still gonna be the same ****** bird poop weld that went in the first place and will go again in the future

ok cheers mate, any tips on how to get the bolt out at the top of clutch pedal itself? Because the spring is putting tension on it. Any tips for removal would be most appreciated

Depress the clutch pedal and use a large flat bladed screwdriver to remove the Spring assy. Dismantling is easy then. You have to remove the spring to get the bolt out. Don't lose the bush or the 2 spacers if you are not renewing them. You don't need any special tools to do this. the hardest bit is getting the spring back, but it is not too bad a job all in

iv done the job but the rod on the clutch cylinder is loose and once the clutch is up it falls out,so i have cable tie wrapped it up for time being. Am i missing something? Also the clutch pedal seams very high, higher than before. Can anyone explain this?

ok i think there is a spacer which stops the clutch from fully coming up, can any look on there S3 for me please? The clutch is well high, and the spacer would then make the rod from the cylinder not fall down. Can some one double check for me please? Thankyou