Automatic locking when car is moving

On the same subject. I have this enabled on my central locking pump, which was replaced last week and I have noticed the following. My old pump would auto lock at around 12mph and my new pump locks doors at 20mph!!!!!

On the same subject. I have this enabled on my central locking pump, which was replaced last week and I have noticed the following. My old pump would auto lock at around 12mph and my new pump locks doors at 20mph!!!!!

No pleasing some people..... LMAO

At least you got it sorted now, i don't recall a specific setting for the actual speed, just the coding to enable/disable

No pleasing some people..... LMAO

At least you got it sorted now, i don't recall a specific setting for the actual speed, just the coding to enable/disable

My problems is still not sorted mate even after the new pump, it appears to be something else at fault. But I did I need to be going quicker to lock my doors :laugh:

Im sure its defaulted to 10mph, but cannot confirm.

Westle, this just means quicker take off now :)

haha yeah I now need to launch to 20mph from stand still so that my doors lock and I dont get hi-jacked.

you wouldn't need it to self lock if you pull away like that all the time, hijakers wouldn't have a chance of getting in away. lol :lmfao:

I've searched today in vagcom to get it working but i couldn't find it how to :ermm: I couldn't get into group 46 (cent. conv)
I thought that every S3 had the possibility to change that?

Probably a daft question, but whats the reasoning behind doors locking above 10-20mph? Presumably when this feature is enabled they also unlock below this speed so would be no use against car-jackers - or I am i missing something obvious

They don't unlock below that speed. They unlock when you pull out the key or when you have an accident.

Probably a daft question, but whats the reasoning behind doors locking above 10-20mph? Presumably when this feature is enabled they also unlock below this speed so would be no use against car-jackers - or I am i missing something obvious

Could also be some sort of a kid safety thing, so they wont open the door by mistake, above certain speed as it will leave it off in case you have short trip or parking etc. not sure just thinkinh behind the logic.

Np ;)

To open the door from the inside you have to pull the handle twice also.

I've searched today in vagcom to get it working but i couldn't find it how to :ermm: I couldn't get into group 46 (cent. conv)
I thought that every S3 had the possibility to change that?

Mate you need to use this tool:

http://www.kevin-st.co.uk/tt/BaseCode/Basecode.zip

You put in your coding into the box and it will tell you what features you have enabled. You then tick the boxes forthe features you want and it will give you a new code to enter into 35 central locks.

Well, it will get sorted out next week.
I know somebody with lots of knowledge of vagcom. He will do it for me.

About that little tool...where do you find your basecode :unsure:

Well, it will get sorted out next week.
I know somebody with lots of knowledge of vagcom. He will do it for me.

About that little tool...where do you find your basecode :unsure:

I second that, where is that data? Most useful....

Sorry guys I should have explianed better.

The base code is under the Central Locks module number 35 in the "coding" field. You can also get it from one of your VCDS logs like the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 35: Centr. Locks Labels: 8D0-862-257.lbl
Part No: 8D0 862 257 E
Component: CV-Pump, Alarm, RC D17
Coding: 16234
Shop #: WSC 01236
No fault code found.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thx Westle, I used the tool today after i've searched the base code and it works :beerchug:

It probably will.
If you have vag-com or somebody you know try it with the tips Westle gave ;)