My Audi A3 20VT Sport Thread

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Reaction score
Website
www.unit9remaps.co.uk
How it looked when i got it

img0013ay.jpg

img0014at.jpg

Have since bought some Genuine RS4 18'' Alloys and painted them black, done my calipars black with white Audi declays on the front ones, and de-rear wiper'd the rear. Also modified the standard airbox and added a CAI.

a31a.jpg

a32o.jpg

a33w.jpg

a34n.jpg

a35s.jpg

alloymain.jpg

Lots more planned and know where near finished.

Looks good, Keep the work going! Maybe worth getting rid of that little dent near the rear arch. :)

Looking good, personally I think the wheels are a bit too dark, but each to their own, looking forward to the future mods :)

for some reason wanted them dark, i previously had anthercite, gun metal etc on previous cars, im looking forward too thanks, ill keep updating,

i need a tutorial how to take the plastic out of the door cards, remove centre console and handbrake console as im going to paint them gloss black next week

im would never claim somthing to be its not, its not right, but the styling of the S3 is beautifull, i will get S3 front and rear bupmers along with roof spoiler and skirts, there will be no grill badge either, just black audi rings

Whack it with the lowering stick ;)

Silver with dark wheels?.....good taste :)

I was the same as you, running 18's a 40mm drop is spot on. Still sensible enough to get over the many speed bumps etc.

thanks, thats answered one of my future questions, what other plans do you have exterior wise, nice to see a simular car and nice ot watch what progress gets made. you got any other pics of your car with them wheels from a good angle which ou can see

Looking forward to seeing your results dude as I been thinking about using some on mine.

If you dont mine me asking how much did you pay for the sheets and what size are they.

Do you heat the sheets in order for it to stick.

Will be interesting to see how the carbon wrap comes out, I've got my A3 T sport booked in on the 7th of October to have the bonnet, roof, and bootlid all professionally wrapped in carbon, costing a small fortune but the guy doing it is faultless so should hopefully look good! Only thing is, the carbon wrap which is being done on my car is a matt carbon (as real carbon fibre is matt) but I'm not sure if its gonna look ok, I'm sure it'll look good, but I may even get it laquered at a later date to give it a gloss finish, is yours a glossy finish?

My car is in the bodyshop now having a full respray (in a different colour to how it left the factory) and i've ordered a new set of wheels and tyres which should be here in the first week of october, so I will be putting a little build up thread together in the next couple of weeks, so look out for that! and in the meantime I'll be keeping an eye on your build up thread, keep up the good work mate!

you too, pics when yours is finished would be great, i dont know weather to do my wing mirrors or just the black brackets bits too to match the b pillars, also going to do my panel that sits in the rear of the s3 rear bumper, also a cupra R splitter, just dont know what to do to the mirrors, the carbon is weird, its not likeprinted vynil or anything, feels weird too, got a very slight shine very when light goes onto it, you can also see this stuff is actually weaved

if I was doing it I'd be heating the non sticky side, its only to put some heat into it so you can apply it in fiddly areas a bit easier. It softens it up so its easier to work with :)

As for the felt thing...one of these..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Felt-Squeegee--for-Vinyl--%2f-Tape-Application_W0QQitemZ260406569545QQcmdZViewItem

Use it to smooth it out and push out airbubbles etc. If you use something hard like a credit card it might damage the surface. Using a felt one will help you to push it onto the panel and over curved surfaces without knackering the vinyl :)

T

You could try wrapping something soft (yellow duster) around a credit card or something rather than buy a felt one...but its your call!.

done tried using at lest stuff as i could, had to peice but wasnt to bothered as going to get somthing that will cover the slight line, doesnt look as bad just the flash off the camera

varbon.jpg

will get some day time pics up too, also first time ive done this

Last edited:
good job...when are you taking orders :)

just slightly annoyed now, with the faint line, cant see it hardly, will yake day time pics, was thinking of a cheekly little german emblem, the flag, might take your eye from it, bearing in mind first time ive done somthing like this, also hard to find a good cheap source of the carbon in the size you need.

Jojo has quattro badges on his pillars so that could be an option

wait and see what feedback you get and how visible in daylight.