Did any one else know this...

marcyp

Only me
Reaction score
Did any one else know that if you hold the unlock butten on the key fob it unlocks you are and keep holding it down and it dose the windows down aswell, its the same as when locking it hold the butten down and it dose the windows up totaly didnt know my audi did till today :icon_thumright:

can normally do it by holding the key in the lock or unlock position too

well looks like it was just me then lol
is there anything else my car can do that i dont know?

i knew about that one, and the speed warning thing in the dash that bleeps when you go over 30 ect.

lol, I didn't know about either, awesome, cheers!

lol the hidden trays underneath the front seats gave me a surprise a few months after i got my car

lol....a lot of 'did you know' here

did you know about the small sun visor?

i didnt know about any of these!.. wheres the sunblind?? and the trays??

i knew about that one, and the speed warning thing in the dash that bleeps when you go over 30 ect.

That's customisable. Check your manual for details! :ermm: There are two speed alerts. I have one set for 100mph... overtaking you understand... :whistle2: ...and the other I rarely use, although sometimes I set it for temporary roadworks if they're long enough. Although I hate it when they change the display and stop you seeing what radio station you're on, etc.

lol the hidden trays underneath the front seats gave me a surprise a few months after i got my car

As JoJo has already said, optional extra. :) I've never seen an S3 with them because I don't believe you get them on the S3 seats. Could be wrong though. My old A3 had then. Quite handy. I miss them. Great for storing juice and sweeties! :)

i didnt know about any of these!.. wheres the sunblind?? and the trays??

As stated already a couple of times, the sun blind is right above the rear view mirror. Have a look and you'll notice it straight away. Mines always down, never folded back up. :)

As above, trays are optional extra's which probably aren't on the S3 Recaro's.

Some people also don't know about the "hidden" under panel in the glove compartment. It flips up to allow more storage. (If you have a CD changer or something else in there you might not have it.)

Also... the drivers and passengers sun blinds come off and swivel round you know! :moa:

What about that big sheet of metal at the front of the car, did you know there is a lever that you pull, its by the front door, when you pull it and lift that sheet of metal, you will find another hidden item there...its called an engine
:nyah: :nyah::lmfao::wacko::applaus::yahoo::beee::moa:

what about the cubby hole next to the steering wheel (driver door side) i knew about it but forgot about it, perfect for your mobile phone

what about the cubby hole next to the steering wheel (driver door side) i knew about it but forgot about it, perfect for your mobile phone

I keep my wallet in it when I hop in the car. It keeps it hidden out the way too providing you don't have a FAT wallet. :) I always take my wallet out of the car when I leave so no ideas people! :weight_lift2:

I just leave the ESP on. I'm don't hammer my car so it doesn't make any difference really. Only time it goes off is in the snow.

My sunglasses live in the small cubby hole next to the handbrake. :D

What lives in your arm rest?

Phone kit :)

I remember there being some sort of hidden compartment on my old A3 in the back somewere? The A3 also had the hidden trays that pull out the seat.

I think the A3's were made by drug trafficers....:lmfao:

I keep wanting to change the title of this thread to 'Did anyone else NOT know this.'lol

Ok while we are on this, did you know the climate control on a facelift can be set so that the different users can have their own preset temps. It recognises the key being used and sets the climate to the last temp ( according to the manual)

Thats where my phone lives :icon_thumright:

What lives in your arm rest?

I have headache tablets, my sunglasses case, a pair of gloves and a pen! :) No paper though... :lmfao:

My phone lives in the small cubby hole underneath the glove compartment where I stick it on charge so I'm not tempted to use it on journeys. I have a multi cigarette socket adapter which fits snugly in that cubby hole too which I like very much! :)

My sat nav lives on my dash whilst in use, and a road angel next to it. Although it hates B'Ham and goes off constantly. I want the built in Sat Nav although I'm trying to sell the car. :( Not having much luck though so think I'm just gonna bite the bullet, keep the fun and pay the excessive repairs costs. :(

Also need to get my cruise control fixed. :( Hoped to have it done soon. ****** thing is causing me problems and costing me way too much money.

We need a smiley for burning money...

I keep wanting to change the title of this thread to 'Did anyone else NOT know this.'lol

Ok while we are on this, did you know the climate control on a facelift can be set so that the different users can have their own preset temps. It recognises the key being used and sets the climate to the last temp ( according to the manual)

I did indeed know that! :) Quote pointless for me considering I only have one key for the car. :(

I'm reluctant to pay £100 for a new key.

Don't forget the hidden compartment in the glovebox! Thats where my tools live!

Beat you to it I'm afraid!

Don't forget the hidden compartment in the glovebox! Thats where my tools live!

Some people also don't know about the "hidden" under panel in the glove compartment. It flips up to allow more storage. (If you have a CD changer or something else in there you might not have it.)

What about the ESP button? So many people still haven't driven with it off! Its staring you in your face and makes the car a better car :yes:

I discussed this with a few on here who know a bit about cars and the general opinion is keep it on as it might save your bacon one day but its all up to the individual.

Fair play if your not a confident driver or unsure how your car will handle. What's your opinion on it though Jason?

I don't think it's got anything to do with being a confident driver or unsure of how your car handles. Audi have it for a reason. I personally don't notice a great deal of difference with it on or off, apart from the light on the dash annoys me. Could be the roads, could be my driving style.

Your comment sounds like you're putting drivers down just because they leave it on.

Fair play if your not a confident driver or unsure how your car will handle. What's your opinion on it though Jason?

I would recommend keeping it on at all times

I don't think it's got anything to do with being a confident driver or unsure of how your car handles. Audi have it for a reason. I personally don't notice a great deal of difference with it on or off, apart from the light on the dash annoys me. Could be the roads, could be my driving style.

Your comment sounds like you're putting drivers down just because they leave it on.

Sorry if thats how I come across in my posting, i'm not trying to put anyone down at all.

Audi did introduce the ESP button to the S3 (the first S3's didn't have it) as a further safety feature as the car does apply a lot of power through the front wheels and all new FWD cars now have ESP included.

I am only talking from my point of view of driving fast on a track where the ESP just ruins your progression. I am in no way putting anyone under any pressure to turn off their ESP and drive like a loon. :friends:

theres also a pillow that comes out of the steering wheel.

Did any one else know that if you hold the unlock butten on the key fob it unlocks you are and keep holding it down and it dose the windows down aswell, its the same as when locking it hold the butten down and it dose the windows up totaly didnt know my audi did till today :icon_thumright:

is this on all audi's? i got a 58 sline 3door and cant seem to get the windows to go up with the fob? found the mirror blind thou lol

ESp has to go off if you want to drive quickly around a roundabout otherwise it kicks in and stops all the fun

I fully agree with You. ESP in off position is the only way to understand the 4wd while driving around the roundabout. It is 4 months since i have the car and it is more and more often when I drive with that off. Almost always when it is dry, not so often when it is wet. But actually on wet You are getting proper fun with 4WD. I really looove it.!!!:arco: