Smoked by a Ford Fiesta

viper6

Reaction score
whats going on in the world

on the way home today i thought i would have a play with a chav in a fiesta ztec s old shape

he had me good and proper in my S3

although he was taking some serious chance darting in and out of traffic

which i thought was stupid

maybe on a quiet road the s3 would of had him

Viper6

yer thats why then lol you would of smoked him if it was clear probabaly.
i raced a scooby last night, it couldnt of been a top model one, it was taking me off the line but in 3rd and 4th it wasnt getting any further away.

I hope not Joe. As it happens the Zetec is probably 900KG and 125 bhp,and NA so quite nippy for what it is. Sounds like you did the best and let the idiot go tbh, just be happy with the fact you know your car is better, it's what i keep in my mind

lol. Thats a pretty slow car to be beaten by...Although to be fair....racing....traffic...not a great idea.

eeew a fiesta, sure i had one of those when i was a kid, we are grown ups here!

its all about commitment...... theres a lot of idiotic drivers out there in piles of poo that will take you on in a lambo...only cos they willing to risk their lives more than you are prepared to do, i let em go personally

A ford fiesta proper doing an S3 is a big no no...

More a case of he was a complete bell end and you weren't...

There's a time and place gents....... and heavy traffic isn't one of them.
i'm ashamed to say i'm guilty of doing rediculous speeds in tea time traffic albeit not swapping lanes or anything like that to prove a point against impreza's on a few occcasions and had to give myself a mental slap..killing someone or getting banned or jail for racing plonkers cant be good

OMG I thought I was in the joke section. A ZETEC S, not even a ST. My old Fiat Bravo 1.6 used to beat them and that was like a double decker ferry compared to it my S3.

Nar fair point some people would rather crash and hurt others to just say to their mates or girlfriend their car is faster lol.

could be a sleeper.

Zetec S for everyone to see, under the hood, a different story ;)

At the end of the day even though he was faster then you (though the traffic) Your in a nice comfy S3 with heated seats, CD player and 225BHP.....and hes in his "well sick" Fiesta that breaks down every 20 miles with his lovely cloth seats and a tape player. You know you've got a better car so dont let it bother you.

Its easy to go buy a Corsa/Nova and stick a big turbo on it and upset RS4's and lambos but the man in the RS4/lambo will laugh because hes in a nice car not a shed with a turbo.:laugh:

Wise words my Audi sport brother's:salute:

viper6

Last edited:
lol. Thats a pretty slow car to be beaten by...Although to be fair....racing....traffic...not a great idea.

I agree Minty. Racing... on a public road. Stupid really. Go to a track for that.

I never bother racing anyway, although on the motorway I will on occasion keep up with something but when they start getting daft or above 100 I back off completely. Not risking my neck, others necks, and my all important license on an irresponsible blast.

Besides, if anything happened to me and I survived, my other half'd kill me anyway... Can't win. :zen:

I used to own a black MK5 zetec s around 4 years ago when they expensive cars. they were great fun. to be honest mate you should have creamed it to be honest they are only 102 bhp. though a lot of lads do put the 125 bhp 1.7 puma engine in them.

I still have a soft spot for zetec s, i still look at them now, my one was black with Red trim mint car. sad to see it go, never had as much fun in a car as i did when i owned that

owned by to many chavvy dicks now though

There is a Fiesta ST driving about with a 400bhp Cosworth conversion :)

You shouldnt even give a chav in a Fiesta the time of day! Just let them go, and wait for something that is supposed to faster than an S3 to come along - I never race anything that I am supposed to beat, as you can only lose!

Wait for those Scoobies and you can surprise yourself...

I think those ST's are even slower than the zetec s's lol. Took a friend out in the S3 who owns one (an ST) and he was wondering how much it would cost him to get a slightly older S3 lol.

The Zetec S Fiestas are pretty nippy to be fair, add a bell end behind the wheel and they'll take care of any decent driver in any decent car in those conditions

No prizes for arriving in a body bag though.

whats going on in the world

on the way home today i thought i would have a play with a chav in a fiesta ztec s old shape

he had me good and proper in my S3

although he was taking some serious chance darting in and out of traffic

which i thought was stupid

maybe on a quiet road the s3 would of had him

Viper6

Old shape and curvey shape?..... you can drop the 1.6T into that and a quick tune up to 200hp for not very much ££.

mate used to own a 1.3 Sunburst orange B plate fiesta, steel wheels, slightly lower.... 230hp under the bonnet, Bilstien all round, custom pipe work, etc...... very, very quick sleeper car.

Just don't know these days whats under the bonnet!

But best to avoid getting sucked in, sometimes its just a tool behind the wheel making it look fast

:)

eeew a fiesta, sure i had one of those when i was a kid, we are grown ups here!
i love this post, in a thread titled "i just got smoked by a..."

Ferrari%20and%20Supra%20Race.jpg

I too had some fun last night on the way home from footy with a Zetec S. Country lanes mainly with the odd roundabout then straight bit. The S3 had no problems at all. Though i would add that the Fiesta didn't do bad plus mine has been remapped! Guy seemed an ok driver and kept his distance when i backed off then gave a sporting toot as we went our different ways. It was very low with stickers all over it!

Done sensibly i see no harm in alittle bit of 'comparison'! Its when the idiots that take silly risks try it on that it gets dangerous!

go to a track to drive fast or enter into a competition to race.

Agreed, but that all costs alot!

thats the thing it does not cost a lot at all
donington park=£130 January-February,£145 March-October,£110 November-December plus you might have to buy some brake pads,fluid,oil after the trackday so all in your talking £300 which might seem a lot but using public roads as a race track is never going to work e.g. when you go off a track,most of the time its onto grass or a gravel pit as opposed to hitting a kerb and flipping the car also everyone on a trackday are aware of the strict gudelines set out in the briefings before you get on the tarmac.

If you want to race on a public road get yourself over to the ring in Germany and you can make a weekend of it. You won't see too many fiestas over there to smoke though :icon_thumright:

If you want to race on a public road get yourself over to the ring in Germany and you can make a weekend of it. You won't see too many fiestas over there to smoke though :icon_thumright:

Lol, It wouldnt suprise me! all kinds off stuff go round there knowerdays!:laugh: