REPLACING DISPLAY POD

nak

Reaction score
Would just like to know, if you could replace centre pod in clock cluster, from another set of clocks, avoiding having it coded, mine is quite bad, untill it warms up, what actually causes this, is it the ribbon ? can you just replace that ? or is there no other way apart from replacing or getting repaired, mentioned it to a Audi TT driver and he told me, he had the same problem, question of taking his in and getting repaired by them, for there was a re-call on them, certain years, thanks

Been covered a few times mate and you cant replace the clocks without it being replaced. Would like to know if there was a re-call because mine needs doing.

Thanks for the replies, have got a set of S3 clocks secondhand, but mileage is unknown, if i did plug them in, would it tell me the mileage and show me the display on middle pod, so i can see if it's better than mine, thanks

No it wouldnt work as it would need tobe recoded along with your keys and ecu.

Siena can get them rebuilt for around £200 with a new screen and warrenty

Really, the only thing that puts me off with getting it rebuilt is some of the story's i heard about clocks being wiped and having to have new ones fitted by the stealers costing £££'s.
They off A-S.net?

Yeah thats his user name, he uses some company or other that has never failed him yet. Not long done an S4 on here IIRC the member (marsie) thanked him in general auto, or just general