Just noticed this leak

takworldwide

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just replacing my Maf (again) and i noticed this leak when i was putting the engine cover back on. From what i understand the circled object is an injector and there is moisture around the housing on 2 or 3 of them, i'm guessing its fuel???

just wondering if this is serious or not? or if anyone else has the same problem?

its a 2000 1.8t Agu

Thanks

Tom.

Sorry about the phone camera

dsc00067wl.jpg

2 of the 4 of mine look like that just been serviced by audi they didn't say anything about it

Its not life or death,it's taken 10 tears or more for the vapours to build up to a visable residue.

The seals are about £8 for the 8 as they are the same top and bottom, blast the area with carb cleaner or similar befor starting to clean it and avoid getting crap in the engine.

Two bolts hold the fuel rail onto the Inlet manifold andthe fuel rail holds the injectors in with clips. This WILL be pressurised if you have recently driven the car. The trick i found works once you have changed all the seal is to put a smear of brake fluid around the seal to aid it sliding in. Job done

Yeah ive just noticed this on my A3 to,so is it an easy job to change all the seals?.,,also is it worth maybe uprating the injectors?.