ECU Engine temp sensor - difficult start when warm

James09

Reaction score
Car A3 1.8 (non turbo)

I have read engine code problem of '' P0116 - Engine coolent temperature circuit range / performance problem '' Simply put when warm the engine is difficult to start, presumably because its firing more fuel in the engine thinking its cold?

My question is, has anyone had this code reading before or symtoms and know exact fix? Or does anyone know where the ECU engine temp sensor is located to fix?

Thanks

my car has the same starting problems,but i dont no if i have that code. i changed the coolant temp sensor, and that never made a differance to mine, but mines a tdi (dont no if that makes it any different)but its probably worth changing to see if it does solve the problem.

Mine does this also (2.0FSI), its had a new coolant temp sensor, fuel pump, speed sensor and its still doing it! if anybody find a fix for this please let me know,

James

Did you replace the right temp sensor, am led to believe there are two??

If possible read the temp on vag com or something like... it will read what the sensor tells the ecu. not the dash. they should be the same or the sendor is on its way out