New member-few questions.

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi, new member to the audi scene here,

I picked up my 2001 s3 on friday night... got a stonking deal, as i was aware it needed some work.

Last night i did the cambelt kit/ waterpump and alt belt...6hours later the thats one job off the checklist.

next jobs the freewheeling alternator pully which ill do tomorrow, then front pads and discs.
Not bad for the sum of £5.5k lol

I was wondering if the chorus H/U is replacable with a concert2? would this be a straight swap or would i need to use vagcom to reprogramme?

cheers

Also, is there a Genuine VAG ipod connector available? similar to the xcar-link one?

Not too clued up on the audio side of things I'm affraid. There's a guy called Anymac on here - sure he'll help you out. Or post in the I.C.E section - they'll sort you out quicker.

Would need to check etka mate see if the concert 2 is available for ur year then if so maybe pin to pin wires & should work, Andymac should know this.

I would use aftermarket dension kit for ipod as audi ones except newer cars with AMI are usually crap.

Good work on cam etc

Hi again, i hadnt realised anyone replied to this thread ( i even subscribed lol)

Cheers for the info on the concert II, it looks a bit too much hassle for my liking, i do however like the look of the dension gateway 300!!!... does anyone have any past exeprience with these?

ill make a post in the ice forum too, hopefully andymac will see and reply.

cheers all