Sourcing a Milltek

spiker

trying to growl less these days
Reaction score
Can any of you guys suggest a good supplier for Miltek exhausts ?

Supply and fit or just supply?.

If its just supply then ebays full of people who sell them, loads came up on Google as well when I was looking for one.

T

i bought the centre section and back box from awesome GTI in manchester and i got the sports cat from a place called roadrunner in nottingham, they seemed cheap as the cat was 397 quid including vat

mine was from revolution in newcastle £450 if that helps

Got mine yesterday supplied and fitted at Awesome GTI. Got the resonanted which sounds exactly the same as standard.

g10chy!

That looks extremely like my car in your profile picture. Did you steal it you naughty boy. I used a flood light while detailing my car and took that photo, on my concrete driveway.

lol...thanks though, nice to know someones actually using one of my pictures! :)

G

Am i right in understanding not to buy a Miltek? Some say they don't sit right, knock when cars running etc?

G

Hey hey!

Yea it's been a long time. I've been rather busy and have neglected my car somewhat!

I'm not attempting to hijack the thread here but, my car's been a nightmare. It's having a "used" haldex differential fitted next month (already bought) and a new exhaust too at the same time.

I was debating on Miltek or standard exhaust as the OE ones are fine. Any idea's how much an OE one is?

I can't see much point in spending £400 + on an exhaust when i can fix the one i have and have a remap instead or spend on other performance enhancing parts.

I've also got to spend some wonga on polishing pads for my rotary as it's in need of another detail as i've neglected it. Watch the detailing section for more on this.

G

LOL i've only done it once!

Or is it twice? LOL can't remember.

Ah well it'll be white anyway this time next year! Respray baby!

G

LOL i've only done it once!

Or is it twice? LOL can't remember.

Ah well it'll be white anyway this time next year! Respray baby!

G

More money than sense! How much is a full respray costing? I'm guessing the engine bay will remail black?

Why dont you get it done in matte black then you wont need to worry about scratches and detailing :p

It's ming blue like yours! :)

Profile pic looks black as it was dark and overhead parking lot lighting made it so. Plus when i detail the car it does look very dark, darker than most Ming's i've seen due to the different products i use to attain a lovely finish!

Mmmm i think the engine will be out of it for the respray, although i might just get a vinyl wrap in white. Not sure yet. What you think??

G

G do you mean a wrap just for the engine bay? A wrap in the bay would get mucky and be difficult to clean. Going on my impression of you from your posts on this forum i'd say you're a perfectionist and would rather have a fully respray. It will be a PITA though!

Lol Westle...you are right there! Perfectionist i am.

If i have a respray it'll be in Ibis white or Suzuka Grey. Those on an 8L would look the shiznit.

I've looked into geting a Vinyl wrap and it's still fairly costly @ circa £1300 for a very good professional job by a reputable company. Still contemplating a respray and really would like to do it.

I'd never wrap the engine bay. Think if i was to do it at all then the engine has to come out. I want a "proper" job not some back street garage's handy work. Downside though is it's lots of work and expensive.

Hmmm....<scratches head>

G