S3 Boot problem...help needed...

Austin

Reaction score
I have an S3 (2000 - facelift) and the boot has suddenly started opening when it wants to. Once the car is unlocked the boot pops open at random!

Has anyone experienced this before and if so do you have a solution?

Also, how do you get interior boot housing off so i can take a looksie at the problem?

David,

Never be put off bothering Audi dealers. You've got an expensive car, and it should work properly. If under warranty then even more reason.

I know what you mean about hesitating, they don't drive the car all the time so faults are more difficult for them to spot. This doesn't mean you're wasting their time, they should investigate.

You are right. If it happens again I'll be straight in. Thanks for the advice.

Mine went too a few months back - called out Audi Assist. A very helpful guy came out - managed to get it shut for the night then he arranged to pick up a replacement from the dealer and come to work to replace it for me.

Next morning he called to say he had the part and he'd come to fit it. Along he came..... wrong one! I Also mentioned the overheating warning that kept coming up - he explained that that was due to a crack in the sensor in the coolant header tank. He said with my permission he'd drive my car to the dealer and fit the correct boot lock and if they had a header tank in stock he'd fit that too!
All fixed, new header tank and boot look. What service. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif