Volks AutosEM Tuning
    seasoned pro

Status

BEWARE...clocked s3 and Ł280 down..!

clocked s3 avoid!!

I went to see this car and after putting a deposite down (of Ł280) he didnt awnser his phone and have not managed to spk to him since.

he gave me a false address number and name and even told me we were at his house where we viewed it but have found out since its not...

he gave the the name of 'Jay Malik' but he now says it 'Adam Malik'.

Oh and to top it off, i found out the cars been clocked, mot milleage proves its got over 120k... advertised as 50k...!!

....if its the last thing i do i will speak to him ...

What a bad egg eh.

Just thought i should let you all know.
    Last edited by Broken Byzan; 3rd September 2009 at 16:08. Reason: Language please

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Thanks for the warnings

1st Gear

Status
    Well that link is slightly wrong. Your URL is ok but it's code has come out wrong.

Looks dodgey anyway as you can't see the number plate, the picture of the interior is blurry and he's listed it as a 1199 cc car.

Plus, Ł6,000 for a 50k car... no way. Not unless it's been damaged badly or is in major need of work... a year and a half ago my car was being sold for twice that at 48k miles.

EDIT: URL problem may be Google Chrome related...

EDIT of EDIT: Much better URL!
    Last edited by omegadirective; 3rd September 2009 at 16:08.

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Thinking about arranging another viewing?

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

seasoned pro

Status
    url sorted... sorry...

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Pop by for another visit under an assumed name, and tackle him about it, then ring the plod when you're there

1st Gear

Status
    Good idea. Pop out and say you're arranging temp insurance.

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    Pop by for another visit under an assumed name, and tackle him about it, then ring the plod when you're there
    With a few extra bodies so he cant run.

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

seasoned pro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MintyS3 View Post
    i'm going to...

1st Gear

Status
    ...and a baseball bat!

5th Gear

Status
    get a friend to go, take vag com and show him the milage

2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport

My BM is fixed!

Status
    If you call the police the chances are they will not be able to do anything as you probably can't prove anything against him.
    Last edited by voorhees; 3rd September 2009 at 17:19. Reason: Audi Sport does not promote violence and encourages members not to either
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

1st Gear

Status
    But of course this course of action wasn't recommended on Audi-sport.net.

Status
    I would just be thankful you was not stiffed for a whole lot more tom
    Ashley on here bought an S3 for 9 grand and it was took off him as it was a ringer despite him doing the HPI check

6th Gear

Status
    Agree with the above!

Quote Originally Posted by tomtoms3 View Post
    i'm going to...
    Sorry to hear about what happend to you mate. Hoep you get your money back soon. Make sure some one with you

Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    I would just be thankful you was not stiffed for a whole lot more tom
    Ashley on here bought an S3 for 9 grand and it was took off him as it was a ringer despite him doing the HPI check

Ouch thats bad! what happens then he just lost Ł9k plus the car
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Neutral

Status
    I thought if a HPI showed any wrong details they would pay out? Admittitedly reading the small print not milage but I'm sure a ringer would count?!

The cover provided is based on the car's value. In the case where HPI provides incorrect data affecting vehicle title (such as theft or outstanding finance), the HPI Guarantee will cover up to Ł30,000, either in compensation or the costs needed to obtain good title to the vehicle (at HPI's discretion). In the case where HPI provides incorrect data affecting the vehicle's condition, the HPI Guarantee will cover up to Ł15,000 or 50% of the market value of the car, whichever is the lower.
    The HPI Guarantee does not cover the vehicle's descriptive information (including import status), mileage, value, V5 registration document checks, or if the loss has arisen as a result of a fraudulent transaction.
    Last edited by c_dog; 3rd September 2009 at 18:32.
    2001 A3 1.8T TQS
    1998 A8 2.8 Auto

6th Gear

Status
    Ł6250 for an 02 50k miler with leather etc.... come on fella, what do you expect? Agenuine car sold by a genuine guy would be up at near Ł9k!

I am sorry you got stiffed, but if you had maybe asked advice on here first, you'd have got the right answer!
    Last edited by simch; 3rd September 2009 at 20:19.

Speeding in reverse gear

Status
    I take it someone has already reported him to pistonheads?

just a thought....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Ouch thats bad! what happens then he just lost Ł9k plus the car
    he tries to recoup some of the money by stripping the car....I saw it in person and it was a sad sight

Quote Originally Posted by c_dog View Post
    I thought if a HPI showed any wrong details they would pay out? Admittitedly reading the small print not milage but I'm sure a ringer would count?!

The cover provided is based on the car's value. In the case where HPI provides incorrect data affecting vehicle title (such as theft or outstanding finance), the HPI Guarantee will cover up to Ł30,000, either in compensation or the costs needed to obtain good title to the vehicle (at HPI's discretion). In the case where HPI provides incorrect data affecting the vehicle's condition, the HPI Guarantee will cover up to Ł15,000 or 50% of the market value of the car, whichever is the lower.
    The HPI Guarantee does not cover the vehicle's descriptive information (including import status), mileage, value, V5 registration document checks, or if the loss has arisen as a result of a fraudulent transaction.
    read the thread for yourself http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=42673

Quote Originally Posted by simch View Post
    Ł6250 for an 02 50k miler with leather etc.... come on fella, what do you expect? A genuine car sold by a genuine guy would be up at near Ł9k!

I am sorry you got stiffed, but if you had maybe asked advice on here first, you'd have got the right answer!
    Simon your spot on

5th Gear

Status
    anyone that uses the frase "mint" is a nobber in my book. LOL
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo, Wietec Ultra GT 40mm kit, 3" Full Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust, Custom Code stage 1 remap, 17" RS4 Alloys, Whiteline ARB

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for posting this, I've been looking at S3s and when i saw that car with the mileage I thought I'd stumbled upon a nice one.

Thanks again, hope you get your money back and said a***hole sorted out!

1st Gear

Status
    Ł6250 for an 02 50k miler with leather etc.... come on fella, what do you expect? Agenuine car sold by a genuine guy would be up at near Ł9k!

9k!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Feckin hell, my 2000 x reg S3 facelift model has a full "documented" history is 10 yrs old and has a genuine 56k on the clock backed up aby all mot's

Will be up for sale shortly if anyones after a genuine pearl black low miler with lots of extras!!!!
    Last edited by benh999; 3rd September 2009 at 21:31.

seasoned pro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benh999 View Post
    9k!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Feckin hell, my 2000 x reg S3 facelift model has a full "documented" history is 10 yrs old and has a genuine 56k on the clock backed up aby all mot's

Will be up for sale shortly if anyones after a genuine pearl black low miler with lots of extras!!!!
    well to say i'd be interested would be true. pm me about it mate if your sure your selling.

seasoned pro

Status

yes fair enough mate, your absolutely right.

unfortunately i dont know much about these cars, what they go for and so on... defo learn my lesson.. wont be flashing my cash again i tell ya.

6th Gear

Status
    he tries to recoup some of the money by stripping the car....I saw it in person and it was a sad sight
    Feel for the guy...Really bad what happend! Just read the whole thread...And was shocked at how this could of happend!
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

1st Gear

Status
    After reading ashes makes you think for a minute it could be your car aswell. Tossers man.

5th Gear

Status

True but I am sure it was one of those emmotional momenst rather than a well thought through thing......I don't know about anyone else but I've certainly been so passioante about something that I forget major details!

Tom at least it was only a few hundred quid and not a whole lot more, like poor Ashley (off to read that post now).
    '98 Diamond Black A3T (Oettinger Chip)....needs some tender loving care!

2nd Gear

Status
    That looks a lot like an estate in Aylesbury????

Quote Originally Posted by tomtoms3 View Post
    clocked s3 avoid!!

I went to see this car and after putting a deposite down (of Ł280) he didnt awnser his phone and have not managed to spk to him since.

he gave me a false address number and name and even told me we were at his house where we viewed it but have found out since its not...

he gave the the name of 'Jay Malik' but he now says it 'Adam Malik'.

Oh and to top it off, i found out the cars been clocked, mot milleage proves its got over 120k... advertised as 50k...!!

....if its the last thing i do i will speak to him ...

What a bad egg eh.

Just thought i should let you all know.
    Q7 S Line 2010
    MMI 3G
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Superchip Remap
    Blackvue front and rear accident camera

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    Advert has been removed from the Pistonheads website by Pistonheads themselves!
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyra View Post
    Advert has been removed from the Pistonheads website by Pistonheads themselves!
    I told them and gave them the link to this thread and guess a few other members reported it as well,we just have to keep an eye out and warn anyone if it comes up again.

1st Gear

Status
    Is this one on the Auto Trader the same one ?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...leRegLetter=02

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

I told them and gave them the link to this thread and guess a few other members reported it as well,we just have to keep an eye out and warn anyone if it comes up again.
    Well done Jase, i thought about reporting it, but assumed i needed to be a member of PH to do it

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by sean_s3 View Post
    Is this one on the Auto Trader the same one ?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...leRegLetter=02
    Certainley looks the same, and from memory the phone number looks famiiar too

2nd Gear

Status
    the advert says its a 1199cc engine too, any genuine seller will hold a car for Ł50 deposit and nice people would return the deposit if the deal fell through, when spending big money always ask to see proof of name and address and match it to the v5 a driving licence or similar,anyone that says " to be honest" is lying, people selling for a friend need further investigation and all the usual checks such as vosa/hpi even audi.. an expensive car with no paperwork stinks, most audi s+rs owners are so anal..they'll keep every bill and extra detail of history to inspect.. a sudden drop of average mileage and would have a good excuse that sounded plausible.finally you have one of the best resources available to you right here, most bogus/too good to be true adverts get posted on the forums and ripped to shreds i've posted con adverts i've found myself if its cheap there is always a reason why you only get what you pay for and finally lots of eye contact if you dont like or trust the seller walk away there are lots of s3's waiting for you to buy. i know its difficult to think rationally when excited by a shiny bargain s3 but this experience will serve you well in the future, glad to hear you didnt lose to much bo bo...and hope you avenge your peoples...lol
    Last edited by s4marsh; 4th September 2009 at 21:55.

Another S3 owner....

Status
    Just to add my 2 cents in this saga. When I was looking at buying an S3 2 years ago I came across one on Ebay - Full Audi main dealer service history , 55K. car looked mint from the pics externally. Internally looked good too. I asked Audi to check service history beacuse I didn't want to travel all the way to Scotland without my own personal pre-checks. Audi confirmed last service was a lot higher. On challenging the seller he said he had the service book with all the appropriate service stamps at the right intervals.

Revelation, and from what I could establish. The main dealer who stamped his books had now been closed down so I would guess that he knew someone at the dealer who stamped the book in advance and put his own mileage readings whenever he felt- And another guess that the speedo was changed and set to read lower. All dodgy, highly illegal and guess what....Audi were not that interested when I tried to report it !

Now put your hands up if you question/follow through on the FSH dealer stamps ?

Again, generally my personally opinion after driving an 90K mileage S3 and a 50K mileage one (obviously both based on being driven normally in their lives) I could not tell which is which.
    02 plate - 2002 - 225bhp - S3 - Ming Blue - completely standard - nuff said, OK there's a centre armrest, sunroof, BOSE speakers & black leather recaros, oh and the non OE chrome pack !

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

The issue is he is selling a car worth less for a premuim due to an apparent low mileage.

I hope this gets resolved and maybe was some kind of oversight somewhere.........