BEWARE...clocked s3 and £280 down..!

tomtoms3

seasoned pro
Reaction score
clocked s3 avoid!!

I went to see this car and after putting a deposite down (of £280) he didnt awnser his phone and have not managed to spk to him since.

he gave me a false address number and name and even told me we were at his house where we viewed it but have found out since its not...:mad::mad:

he gave the the name of 'Jay Malik' but he now says it 'Adam Malik'.

Oh and to top it off, i found out the cars been clocked, mot milleage proves its got over 120k... advertised as 50k...!!

....if its the last thing i do i will speak to him ... :gun2:

What a bad egg eh.

Just thought i should let you all know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that link is slightly wrong. Your URL is ok but it's code has come out wrong.

Looks dodgey anyway as you can't see the number plate, the picture of the interior is blurry and he's listed it as a 1199 cc car.

Plus, £6,000 for a 50k car... no way. Not unless it's been damaged badly or is in major need of work... a year and a half ago my car was being sold for twice that at 48k miles.

EDIT: URL problem may be Google Chrome related... :search:

EDIT of EDIT: Much better URL! :p

Last edited:
Thinking about arranging another viewing?

Pop by for another visit under an assumed name, and tackle him about it, then ring the plod when you're there

If you call the police the chances are they will not be able to do anything as you probably can't prove anything against him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just be thankful you was not stiffed for a whole lot more tom
Ashley on here bought an S3 for 9 grand and it was took off him as it was a ringer despite him doing the HPI check

With a few extra bodies so he cant run.

Agree with the above!

i'm going to...:eyebrows:

Sorry to hear about what happend to you mate. Hoep you get your money back soon. Make sure some one with you

I would just be thankful you was not stiffed for a whole lot more tom
Ashley on here bought an S3 for 9 grand and it was took off him as it was a ringer despite him doing the HPI check

Ouch thats bad! what happens then he just lost £9k plus the car

I thought if a HPI showed any wrong details they would pay out? Admittitedly reading the small print not milage but I'm sure a ringer would count?!

The cover provided is based on the car's value. In the case where HPI provides incorrect data affecting vehicle title (such as theft or outstanding finance), the HPI Guarantee will cover up to £30,000, either in compensation or the costs needed to obtain good title to the vehicle (at HPI's discretion). In the case where HPI provides incorrect data affecting the vehicle's condition, the HPI Guarantee will cover up to £15,000 or 50% of the market value of the car, whichever is the lower.
The HPI Guarantee does not cover the vehicle's descriptive information (including import status), mileage, value, V5 registration document checks, or if the loss has arisen as a result of a fraudulent transaction.

Last edited:
£6250 for an 02 50k miler with leather etc.... come on fella, what do you expect? Agenuine car sold by a genuine guy would be up at near £9k!

I am sorry you got stiffed, but if you had maybe asked advice on here first, you'd have got the right answer!

Last edited:
I take it someone has already reported him to pistonheads?

just a thought....

Ouch thats bad! what happens then he just lost £9k plus the car
he tries to recoup some of the money by stripping the car....I saw it in person and it was a sad sight

I thought if a HPI showed any wrong details they would pay out? Admittitedly reading the small print not milage but I'm sure a ringer would count?!

The cover provided is based on the car's value. In the case where HPI provides incorrect data affecting vehicle title (such as theft or outstanding finance), the HPI Guarantee will cover up to £30,000, either in compensation or the costs needed to obtain good title to the vehicle (at HPI's discretion). In the case where HPI provides incorrect data affecting the vehicle's condition, the HPI Guarantee will cover up to £15,000 or 50% of the market value of the car, whichever is the lower.
The HPI Guarantee does not cover the vehicle's descriptive information (including import status), mileage, value, V5 registration document checks, or if the loss has arisen as a result of a fraudulent transaction.

read the thread for yourself http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=42673

£6250 for an 02 50k miler with leather etc.... come on fella, what do you expect? A genuine car sold by a genuine guy would be up at near £9k!

I am sorry you got stiffed, but if you had maybe asked advice on here first, you'd have got the right answer!

Simon your spot on

anyone that uses the frase "mint" is a nobber in my book. LOL

Thanks for posting this, I've been looking at S3s and when i saw that car with the mileage I thought I'd stumbled upon a nice one.

Thanks again, hope you get your money back and said a***hole sorted out!

£6250 for an 02 50k miler with leather etc.... come on fella, what do you expect? Agenuine car sold by a genuine guy would be up at near £9k!

9k!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ****** hell, my 2000 x reg S3 facelift model has a full "documented" history is 10 yrs old and has a genuine 56k on the clock backed up aby all mot's

Will be up for sale shortly if anyones after a genuine pearl black low miler with lots of extras!!!!:blackrs4:

Last edited:
9k!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ****** hell, my 2000 x reg S3 facelift model has a full "documented" history is 10 yrs old and has a genuine 56k on the clock backed up aby all mot's

Will be up for sale shortly if anyones after a genuine pearl black low miler with lots of extras!!!!:blackrs4:

well to say i'd be interested would be true. pm me about it mate if your sure your selling.

yes fair enough mate, your absolutely right.

unfortunately i dont know much about these cars, what they go for and so on... defo learn my lesson.. wont be flashing my cash again i tell ya.

After reading ashes makes you think for a minute it could be your car aswell. Tossers man.

True but I am sure it was one of those emmotional momenst rather than a well thought through thing......I don't know about anyone else but I've certainly been so passioante about something that I forget major details!

Tom at least it was only a few hundred quid and not a whole lot more, like poor Ashley (off to read that post now).

That looks a lot like an estate in Aylesbury????

clocked s3 avoid!!

I went to see this car and after putting a deposite down (of £280) he didnt awnser his phone and have not managed to spk to him since.

he gave me a false address number and name and even told me we were at his house where we viewed it but have found out since its not...:mad::mad:

he gave the the name of 'Jay Malik' but he now says it 'Adam Malik'.

Oh and to top it off, i found out the cars been clocked, mot milleage proves its got over 120k... advertised as 50k...!!

....if its the last thing i do i will speak to him ... :gun2:

What a bad egg eh.

Just thought i should let you all know.

Advert has been removed from the Pistonheads website by Pistonheads themselves!

Advert has been removed from the Pistonheads website by Pistonheads themselves!

I told them and gave them the link to this thread and guess a few other members reported it as well,we just have to keep an eye out and warn anyone if it comes up again.

I told them and gave them the link to this thread and guess a few other members reported it as well,we just have to keep an eye out and warn anyone if it comes up again.
Well done Jase, i thought about reporting it, but assumed i needed to be a member of PH to do it

the advert says its a 1199cc engine too, any genuine seller will hold a car for £50 deposit and nice people would return the deposit if the deal fell through, when spending big money always ask to see proof of name and address and match it to the v5 a driving licence or similar,anyone that says " to be honest" is lying, people selling for a friend need further investigation and all the usual checks such as vosa/hpi even audi.. an expensive car with no paperwork stinks, most audi s+rs owners are so anal..they'll keep every bill and extra detail of history to inspect.. a sudden drop of average mileage and would have a good excuse that sounded plausible.finally you have one of the best resources available to you right here, most bogus/too good to be true adverts get posted on the forums and ripped to shreds i've posted con adverts i've found myself if its cheap there is always a reason why you only get what you pay for and finally lots of eye contact if you dont like or trust the seller walk away there are lots of s3's waiting for you to buy. i know its difficult to think rationally when excited by a shiny bargain s3 but this experience will serve you well in the future, glad to hear you didnt lose to much bo bo...and hope you avenge your peoples...lol

Last edited:
Just to add my 2 cents in this saga. When I was looking at buying an S3 2 years ago I came across one on Ebay - Full Audi main dealer service history , 55K. car looked mint from the pics externally. Internally looked good too. I asked Audi to check service history beacuse I didn't want to travel all the way to Scotland without my own personal pre-checks. Audi confirmed last service was a lot higher. On challenging the seller he said he had the service book with all the appropriate service stamps at the right intervals.

Revelation, and from what I could establish. The main dealer who stamped his books had now been closed down so I would guess that he knew someone at the dealer who stamped the book in advance and put his own mileage readings whenever he felt- And another guess that the speedo was changed and set to read lower. All dodgy, highly illegal and guess what....Audi were not that interested when I tried to report it !

Now put your hands up if you question/follow through on the FSH dealer stamps ?

Again, generally my personally opinion after driving an 90K mileage S3 and a 50K mileage one (obviously both based on being driven normally in their lives) I could not tell which is which.

The issue is he is selling a car worth less for a premuim due to an apparent low mileage.

I hope this gets resolved and maybe was some kind of oversight somewhere.........