A3 Handling !!

tommer

Black-Out A3
Reaction score
Hi ,
I'm having trouble with my A3's handling, I've got 18" wheels with quite wide tyres.
But the back-end is really 'twitchy' and always steps out, even when not taking corners that quickly, as for driving in the wet, it is lethal!

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks

:blackrs4:

Assuming she is 2WD then i would look at tyre pressures/condition , Shock/spring condition and finaly the one that fixed my car after doing all of the above the axle bushes, about £25 a side to buy and a 7/10 DIY depending how handy you are and what tools you have available

Did you get the tyres free with a set of new alloys? If you did bin them because i did the same and after putting some avon zz3's on it handles amazing now.

What tyres are you running, maybe its the tyres that are your problem, I have Eagle F1 GSD3s and they are bang on!!!

agreed,

nine times out of 10 its either smartprice shoes or pressure, check the tread on the whole width of the tyre too, if thats all good gota be the bushings

Also what alloys, what size and width of tyre. Could have wrong size tyres, wrong off-set, etc etc all go to making the rear end feel twitchy.

Also, enw tyres can feel like that for a few hundred miles.

I put RE050As on the R32 a few years ago and it felt like the rear was wiggling behind me all the time, even on dead straight road. It settled down after abut 200miles but it wasn't nice and I did think of ditching the tyres!

:)