Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: Wanted S3

Neutral

Status

Wanted S3

Wanted s3 in Noggy blue or Imola yellow (latest year & lowest miles the budget allows). A few q's though as im pretty new to S3's, is a facelift always a 225hp? What year did this facelift take place and the main differences. Im sure ive seen a few S3's with the wrap around style xenons on pre 2000 cars or am i just going bonkers(could be aftermarket mods). Had a 1.8t for a while which was brilliant but lacked ooomphh! What am i going to get for around the 13k mark (ive got a mortgage to pay that gets higher every month) . Cheers in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_Myuran

Re: Wanted S3

hiya mate-i bought my s3 225 bhp on an x plate-registered dec 2000 as the guy wanted the 225-i believe the x plates were the first 225s. i paid 13.5 for mine-have to replce the back two tyres n rd tax ending soon but im happy with the overall drive apart from a few clitches with the electrics in the car.

but if u keep hunting around ul get one to ur spec. find it and then haggle-good luck.

imported_bantam1

Just bought an S3 yesterday for 13K exactly (bought privately). What a coincidence! It is a pre-facelift black 210 on an x plate with 44,000 on the clock. Not sure if this is good or bad for the money I paid but am sure enjoying it so far. Just got a mortgage myself so I know where you are coming from.

Good luck with the hunt. I only looked at one other before buying this one. Same price on a W plate with 55K on the clock (still on autotrader I think). Just didn't like the person selling it and didn't get a good feeling about it.

Regards,

B1

Status

[ QUOTE ]

hiya mate-i bought my s3 225 bhp on an x plate-registered dec 2000 as the guy wanted the 225-i believe the x plates were the first 225s. i paid 13.5 for mine-have to replce the back two tyres n rd tax ending soon but im happy with the overall drive apart from a few clitches with the electrics in the car.

but if u keep hunting around ul get one to ur spec. find it and then haggle-good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

X plates were 210 bhp... I've had 2 X plate S3's (Registered oct 2000) both facelift. I believe the 225's came out late 2001/ early 2002?

hope this helps
    rich.
    Last edited by Administrators; 13th July 2012 at 23:02.

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

X plates were 210 bhp... I've had 2 X plate S3's (Registered oct 2000) both facelift. I believe the 225's came out late 2001/ early 2002?

hope this helps
    rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it was sept 2001 but up untill the end of 2001 it could have been either! got mine a couple of months ago 2002 51 plate you have to check the sticker in the boot where the spare wheel lives 165kw =225bhp 154kw =210bhp

cheers tony
    Last edited by Administrators; 13th July 2012 at 23:03.

imported_hornet_basher

Got my S3 a couple of weeks ago.
    Its a 51 plate reg'ed at the end of Dec and its still a 210 model( as shown on the boot sticker as 154kw)

I also phoned Audi custermer services on 0800 699 888 before I brought my S3. If you give them the Reg No. of a car they can tell you all about it inc. when reg'ed what model/colour( and if its a 210/225), options fitted, when where serviced etc,etc

I've also done this with VW and kawasaki in the past too.

As for face lift models, I beleive that they started to appear on late X early y plates with dash and lights being the main diffs.

Hope the helps
    cheers
    Nick

imported_Myuran

Well im not an expert on the difference between the 210-225 but i was told by the guy i was bought my car off that it was a 225 as he had waited till dec 2000 for the release of the 225 model-although on the log book it says 210 he assures me its a 225 and i didnt really make a big point about the bhp-but he did. He seemed like an honest guy and his log book also stated that the car was a 5 door-is it absolutely defin8 that 154kW= 210 bhp?

Neutral

Status

I'd go see the bloke, and worry why the log book is 5 door.

You had it HPI'd?

2nd Gear

Status

yep 154 =210bhp 165= 225bhp! the guys having you on, as i said before it was the end of 2001 that it came out! i would look into that 5 door buisness! very strange...

cheers tony

imported_Myuran

spoke to audi where the car was serviced-the car was imported with uk spec-the cars history is legit and the five door thing is the dvlas cock up as it was registered as a 3 door but when he moved house they altered it.

with regards to the bhp-im gettin real annoyed cos i didnt make an issue of it being 225 was happy to buy it as a 210 however ive heard that some late 210's were actually 225 n being an import id be inclined to beleive so. butg will no for sure when i get someone to run a diagnosis.