Boost guage

garyrmills

Reaction score
does anybody know which is the best fit and is most inkeeping with the s3 dials as much as possible. looking for it to fit on the A pillar with a single pod .any help would be great thanks

Heres a pic of mine....

20090831_IMG_6382.jpg

<tuffty/>

paul, what gauge is that? and can you read it properly?

i think mines faulty. needle has a mind of its own, boost looks fine when logged on dyno

Its only a cheap Auto Gauge one from ebay, I didn't want to spend loads or have it on display so I fitted into the vent... don't notice it unless you really look but yes, it can be a pain to read... its not perfect but I only really look at it if I feel there is a prob...

<tuffty/>

Ive got an innnovate boost gauge fitted to the A pillar in a single pod.
I will also be fitting an AFR gauge into the drivers side air vent ...
I will post pictures if people want??
The boost gauge is red and white... but in reverse of the dash... looks ok though... The AFR gauge is red and digital.

Im getting that boost gauge tuffty got next week. Halfords sell them for 20 quid. Demon tweek also do nice carbon fibre side pods.

Do you guys hook it up to fuel pressure regulator for the boost gauge

mine comes from the vacum feed to the DV as it was nearer the bulk head so could be hidden away better.

Im getting that boost gauge tuffty got next week. Halfords sell them for 20 quid. Demon tweek also do nice carbon fibre side pods.

Do you guys hook it up to fuel pressure regulator for the boost gauge
you can use that line basically you want a vacum line that goes directly to the inlet manifold so as to read the correct inlet pressure

True, would be easier to hide. Was looking for a hole in the firewall, its very tight lol

True, would be easier to hide. Was looking for a hole in the firewall, its very tight lol

Don't use the crappy plastic tubing that comes with the Auto Gauge ermm... gauge!!..

I got some nice rubber tubing (fuel line I think) as the plastic stuff was just going soft and seem to make the readings erratic.

I ran mine from the FPR following the cabling to the trunking on the right hand side of the engine bay then underneath the plastic scuttle cover. I drilled a hole in the black plastic cover that the loom passes through using a grommet to pass the tubing through into the car.

<tuffty/>

Don't use the crappy plastic tubing that comes with the Auto Gauge ermm... gauge!!..
<tuffty/>

My friend fitted the same gauge the other day on his 1.8T and I was thinking the piping looks quite soft and could fold on itself.

where can you get some good tubing from as mine is folding as well have to keep taking it off

I bought rubber fuel hose from a local motor factors, not sure if the silicone stuff you can buy from ebay is any good...

<tuffty/>

I bought rubber fuel hose from a local motor factors, not sure if the silicone stuff you can buy from ebay is any good...

<tuffty/>

It's actually ok, i running it on my oil catch tank and also on my n75 valve, no problems yet.

No one got an AWE gauge then?
That was the best match on the B5 S4, I assume the 8L is the same design

AWE_b5S4_sneakpeek.jpg

I agree its not cheap, but then it doesnt look cheap either, unlike most of the ebay specials for 20 quid lol!

I was lucky enough that my mate sold me his for 30 quid, as his S4 was making more than 30psi and going off the scale hahaha!

Do you really need an AFR gauge?

Ive had cheap boost gauges in the past, and they are either inaccurate or the needle isnt rock steady

Just thought whyll i was at it might aswell but not many people seem to really bother.
Stack are quite good gauges compared to some of the ebay tat out there.

Isthere much point fitting a AFR gauge then?If not im not going to bother, it's turning into a pain in the **** finding one and getting it fitted!

Well what makes YOU think that you need one?
Unless the engine is highly tuned its not really going to be an issue or something that you need to closely monitor. If its just a standard remap it should be safe enough anyway

Not yet but is building but will be eventualy so thats why but i dont see many people who run BT with AFR gauges fitted so might just give it a miss!

No one got an AWE gauge then?
That was the best match on the B5 S4, I assume the 8L is the same design QUOTE]

there expensive if you look at my link above its the same style but costs about £50 to make

Im fitting an AFR as i think i would like to keep an eye on things.

nice one mate that explains it.

s3 paul could you post a pic of your guage please and have you mounted it on a pillar as am struggling to find one that fits an s3 . anyone tryed any universal fit ones?? (prob no use ino)