Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

I have an electrical problem with my audi a3

I have an electrical problem with my audi a3 year 2000 and thought i could share it here with you and hopefully i get some ideas or help.

I was away on holiday for 16days and parked my audi near my house but when i returned back i tried to switch on the engine but the battery was flat, so i tried with jump leads, still didnt help then I called AA they tried everything they could for round 2 hours, recharged the battery but still the engine wont start. I even swapped the battery with the new one and still the engine wont run. The AA said that the electricity doesnt go through to injectors to start the engine running and also said that the live fuses have no electricity there.
    Recently i have installed a subhoover and led lights . led lights ground is hooked on the right quarter panel.

I wonder if any one of u has had the same problem or know anything about it

2. # ADS
    ADS

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DiKapo View Post
    I have an electrical problem with my audi a3 year 2000 and thought i could share it here with you and hopefully i get some ideas or help.

I was away on holiday for 16days and parked my audi near my house but when i returned back i tried to switch on the engine but the battery was flat, so i tried with jump leads, still didnt help then I called AA they tried everything they could for round 2 hours, recharged the battery but still the engine wont start. I even swapped the battery with the new one and still the engine wont run. The AA said that the electricity doesnt go through to injectors to start the engine running and also said that the live fuses have no electricity there.
    Recently i have installed a subhoover and led lights . led lights ground is hooked on the right quarter panel.

I wonder if any one of u has had the same problem or know anything about it
    Some sort of underwater vacuum??
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Have you checked the fuses on top of the battery?

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    Have you checked the fuses on top of the battery?

<tuffty/>
    i second that, I had loads of issues all at once on my s3, turned out to be fuses on top of battery
    Rob

2nd Gear

Status
    hi, i checked at it but there's no sign, how can you tell its the fuses on top of battery ?
    thanksor change them for new ones?

thanks
    Last edited by AudiMafia; 31st August 2009 at 11:25.