DOOR POCKET

wezhaz

Reaction score
Hi.Had to take the Drivers side hinged door pocket off to retrieve an article-and yes you guessed can't work out how it fits back.It's on (or was) a 98 1.8T.I have the cover,2 sprung steel curved clips and 2 little round wheels with a cog in the middle of each.One half of the bracket is attached to the cover and the other half to the door panel.Any help would be much appreciated.Cheers,Allen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Aaah, you made the mistake of removing the screws that hold the side bits of the pocket on. You don't have to remove them to take the pocket off, you just lift up the spring clips and pull the pocket off.

Anyways, the spring clips mount to the top screw of the plastic side bits with the end of the clip (bit facing the pocket) facinng downwards.

So the hook goes over the rod on the pocket.

That make any sense??

Thanks,and yes it does make sense.Are the 2 round discs with the cog in the middle anything to do with it?Thanks,Allen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi and thanks.Could be some debris from the previous owner which had fallen down the back and lodged between the bottom of the door panel and the pocket.Cheers,Allen.