My S3, Stage 2 @ JBS / Custom Code- 10th Sept 2009

djarchive

Reaction score
Bare with me. Bit of a read coming on--

Standard BAM's are approx 225bhp / 215? 220? torque?

I had the following on my BAM 02 S3.

:yum:

Phase
1 map from JBS / C.C
Pipercross Filter,
Forge Splitter R,

At phase 1 with the first mentioned mods she was putting out (on ave. after 3 power runs @ Awesome GTi)

258bhp
and

wait for it...

298lbft.

:scared2:

They were verrrry surprised @ the figures as they usually est 265- 280ftlb on a phase 1 with the first 3 mods above but, mentioned due to the maintenance on the vehicle and lower intake temps this was not surprising.

Scary I know.

After a little deliberating, I now have added the following,

Turbo intake hose,
AH fab FMIC with full pipes,
3" D.pipe / Sports cat (From Pipewerx)
Miltek Cat-back system.

Now after adding the 4 mods above (In blue) it now runs like a bag of sh*t / boosting at 3.5k, dropping off, trying to boost again at 4.5k etc etc. Yes, the map has been affected and needs remapping of course* but,

What power should I be looking at after a Phase
2?? Its going in for a Sachs clutch too (on the same day) which as they told me will need replacing as the torque will just eat the clutch and I advised I was experiencing early signs of slipping on motorway journeys. bla bla blaaa.

10th Sept is the day of reckoning @ JLB / C.C (Full day doing sweet fa waiting around) :banghead: and hopefully going to be looking for... 280bhp and 345ish torque.

What you reckon peeps? :puke2: :puke2:

P.S If your still awake. Thanks for reading. :readit:

Joe :icon_thumright:

How do pal.
well my car has some of the mods you list ( changed a few now though )
I got 260 before the down pipe and decat.
with good torque but i cant remember the figure,
I would expect around the 280 you mentioned. The torque may well be high as it can be with small turbos being pushed hard ,

My car and i frequent JBS quite alot as it about 15mins from my house now. Oh... i also know most of them there away from work too.

Good luck pal !

if it was mine, i'd go somewhere else! but thats just me

good luck with it though mate, torque figures look good!

Each to their own with where they use,

Why wouldnt you use JBS mat?
Paul you get my message?

Yes dan i got it...
bin a busy bee,

Will reply now...

As for why people pick diffrent garages...
Its all down to personal choice and experience to be honest.

Really good torque figures on the phase 1. Let us know how the car feels once mapped, as I been thinking to get the bits n bobs for a stage 2 and not bother with a stage 1.

i went from custom code phase1 which also gave good figures as you have had then went for the 3inch downpipe fmic etc... and my car also felt a whole lot slower and boost was all over the place after a while it sorted its self out a bit, then i had a AMD stage2 which has made a huge difference but you very unlikely to be getting 345lb/ft the 280bhp seems fair but more like 310-320lb/ft torque but its not all about figures as i said i was getting around 260bhp on the custom and 280lb/ft, now with the AMD stage2 im getting 270bhp and 310lb/ft but the difference in power and delivery is night and day almost like the difference from std to stage1

AWWWWW I really shouldnt read these threads lol. Its not that much actually needed for a stage 2, its just the bit are quite expensive lol.

What the price on a stage 2 from JBS. Revo charge 50 quid extra if you have their stage 1, dont know how much if you havent.

Any looking for a Revo map around South Wales, place called gotboost are now doing them with before and after dyno figures included.

i would not be wanting that much torque from the k04........... you fancy keeping your rods in the block?

stage 2 on CC on an LCR I have done got to 280bhp 290lbft

is the difference big for a stage 2...i know this is the costliest stage before BT.... i just want to know if im gonna notice a big diff....thinking downpipe (original exhaust as im not bothered about noise) and FMIC with stage 2 map from JBS.....

its not a big difference if you are expecting as big a jump from stock to stage 1, for stage 1 to stage 2.......... there's not much left in it after stage 1