Suspension coil snap!

1.8tplym

Reaction score
Hi People,

Was just wondering if many of you have had the same issue as me?

I have a 1.8t 01 and almost exactly a year ago the o/s/f suspension coil snapped (and made a ****** loud noise when doing so!)
it was repaired under the dealers warranty as i had only just bought the car but yesterday i had the n/s/f do exactly the same?!
Is this a common fault and if so is it going to cost me a bomb?

Thanks

~£65 for each spring. Plus ~1hour per side to fit.

Mine failed MOT earlier this year on both rears, then a front one snapped a week later.

It's a common problem.

Cheers,

Yep, a common problem for all manufacturers - it's a combination of cheap springs being fitted when they are made; the increase in speed humps; and the fact that our roads are in such a bad state of repair.

I had eibach springs fitted, 8 months down the line mot time, fail due to snapped spring. Warranty sorted it out though. Pigs tail design does not help, weak point i think

Hi People,

Was just wondering if many of you have had the same issue as me?

I have a 1.8t 01 and almost exactly a year ago the o/s/f suspension coil snapped (and made a ****** loud noise when doing so!)
it was repaired under the dealers warranty as i had only just bought the car but yesterday i had the n/s/f do exactly the same?!
Is this a common fault and if so is it going to cost me a bomb?

Thanks

The dealer should have changed both springs under warranty. I had this argument with the dealer when one of my springs snapped as there would have been 30K miles between them. The car did not feel right until the second spring was done (there was even a tiny height difference on the front). It was a fight and they wanted to charge me almost £400 to put the second spring on.

A quick call to Audi CS sorted it.