Silicon TIP advice needed!

rossbrownlee

Ross_S4
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey guys,
While fitting my new forge DV I found a split in the original turbo intake pipe where the DV is fitted.
I've bodged a fix for now but it has made up my mind to go for a silicone one (just for the looks really).
However, I don't know what the engine codes mean i.e. BAM / APX / AMK etc. - Can anyone help me out with an explanation? And possibly even suggest the right part i am looking for?
It is a pre-facelift S3 200 V reg for info.

Hey guys,
While fitting my new forge DV I found a split in the original turbo intake pipe where the DV is fitted.
I've bodged a fix for now but it has made up my mind to go for a silicone one (just for the looks really).
However, I don't know what the engine codes mean i.e. BAM / APX / AMK etc. - Can anyone help me out with an explanation? And possibly even suggest the right part i am looking for?
It is a pre-facelift S3 200 V reg for info.

S3 on 2000 V reg is most likely going to be engine code APY, there isn't a direct replacement for the TIP on your car I'm afraid.

Cheers Jojo. Found loads of good info there! already did a search of the forum but must have missed that one.
any more info about the codes and their meanings?

If you need any advise or parts required etc just ask mate.