JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

URGENT downpipe help

Just got hold of a 3" downpipe and sports cat for my s3 apy with esp and was wondering what is involved in the fitting as im looking to do it tommorow and over the bank holiday weekend.

will i need to drop the subframe? or drop the back of the engine? or can i get to the turbo end from the top with some fancy handwork? been under the car earlier to spray the bolts and it looks abit of a pig but am up for the challenge....

Any help would be great

Audi s3 apy stage 2 revo remap,custom front mount cooler, green cotten air filter, forge dv+samco relocation,silicone re circpipe, TIP, N75j, smoothed air box valve, 3" stainless downpipe and sports cat, boost guage, braided goodridge braided front brake lines, red stuff pads,drilled grooved front disks, grooved rear disks,weitec shocks n springs, LCR splitter, facelift rears, 10k HiDs and 18" tt rims and HnR wheel spacers

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Its quite a job and most are extremely tight to clear the transfer box ans subframe.

What make is it?.

2nd Gear

Status
    Drop the sub frame it won't fit otherwise

Neutral

Status
    done.... i did end up dropping the subframe was a bit of a pig of a job. bought a relentless tuning one from ebay 225 squids for 3" downpipe and sports cat hoping that all goes well with it i.e welds cracking ect but as far as the fitment it fitted pretty well just had to trim the flange that went to the turbo as the relentless tuning one was slightyly bigger apart from that top job

Audi s3 apy stage 2 revo remap,custom front mount cooler, green cotten air filter, forge dv+samco relocation,silicone re circpipe, TIP, N75j, smoothed air box valve, 3" stainless downpipe and sports cat, boost guage, braided goodridge braided front brake lines, red stuff pads,drilled grooved front disks, grooved rear disks,weitec shocks n springs, LCR splitter, facelift rears, 10k HiDs and 18" tt rims and HnR wheel spacers

Quattro ist für sissies

Status
    How the car feel, any difference in performance and sound.

Read in another thread you bought a TIP from ebay. What one did you get and any difference since installing it.
    For sale

3" Downpipe and de cat (will be going on ebay soon)
    Autogauge boost gauge
    Chrome Audi Number plate surrounds

PM for info.

Neutral

Status
    car has alot more poke in the top end of the rev range also sounds awesome very pleased with it .turbo spool is also louder. TIP i went for an ebay jobbie http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-S3-TT-225...d=p3286.c0.m14

says it is for a 225bhp model but fitted straight onto my 210 apy engine this made minimal difference but did make enough to make it a worthwhile thing to do and it looks nice lol

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah turbo runs right up the rev range I loved mine until my cam belt went

Quattro ist für sissies

Status
    Thanks for the info guys. I think il give the TIP you got. Do you know if they also do the upper boost hoses too.
    For sale

3" Downpipe and de cat (will be going on ebay soon)
    Autogauge boost gauge
    Chrome Audi Number plate surrounds

PM for info.

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Neutral

Status
    thats the one seemed to fit alright it does hang lower than the old pipe but i suppose it will as its a bigger pipe.

also not sure on the lower boost pipes if you find any let me know.thanks