****** S3

Andrew@A.L.D

May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.
Reaction score
Website
www.aldevelopments.com
Driving the car today and the oil light came on. There's a top end tap and a bottom end knock now when revved.

We looked into this and think that the oil pick up pipe may be blocked or a problem with the oil pump as the oil pressure is low

The really bad new is i bet the big and mains need replacing as well as a crank grind

Time for a rebuild then:blownose::sob::sign_unfair:

Nitemare mate, sorry to hear this and hope it's not as bad as you think!

AVS? Audi Variable Servicing?

I've read in other threads that people have changed their oil pump and lines, especially with higher mileage S3, and in particular when getting them remapped.

Have many people changed their oil pump\lines? What's the cost of the parts here?

When i find out the price i will let you know

Lucky the car is still under and should get it done for free or a small cost

Cheers. I'm going to get a remap done. So just wondering if this is something I should look after first. I've a 1999 S3 and she is up to 85K miles.

AVS.. its got full service history

I've had the car two months, i just think that the last owner thrashed it from cold or something like that but anyway its going to get fixed

I moved my car off AVS at it's last service as the oil that came out looked like syrup (its only done 60k and has full history), and according to the garage they see loads of 1.8T's like that which are on AVS. Mine now gets changed every 10K.

Well a garage got back to me and they said it would cost £440 to repair but they still don't know if the oil pump has done any more damage to the rest of the engine.

Well bite the bullet and get it done

when i had my engine rebuilt ready for big turbo, i had oil pump replaced, just to be safe. was on 120k miles then

That does not inc the big end and main but were not 100% sure there gone yet till we get it up and running

I would normally fix the car myself but i just don't have the time to do it as i'm too bust working

so £400 to fit a pump and try it? Not so good then

Ahh, well the pump is what £100, and then it would cost you a tube of sealer and agallon of oil. Shouln't take more than an hour and a half, laying on your back with a torch on your dive tbh

Parts needed are Oil pump, pick up pipe, and sump as its damaged.

I just don't have time to do it at all and i don't want to do it

Last edited: