Lightened flywheel / Dual Mass - BAM 2002 S3?

djarchive

Reaction score
Being a 2002 S3 and having a dual mass type flywheel / clutch set up (as standard...) Can you lighten these or not?
I of course want to keep my current set up but when the Clutch needs changing (pritty soonish) I will look to get the Flywheel done aswell *If poss*

Can somebody with more knowledge clarify / point me in the right direction as to where to buy 1 / what im actually lightening?

P.s I've tried searching toolbar on the site, using the words dual mass / lightening but to no avail.

Thanks for your help,

Joe :hi:

Any flywheel can be lightened it a case of knowing where to do it without weakening it

If i could see the flywheel i could tell you where to machine to make it a bit lighter, if i had it in front of me i could tell you i would have more idea to remove more

Cheers for the quick responce.

I'll up a picture tonight my friend :friends:

I thought it was almost impossible to lighten the Dual Mass Flywheels due to the way they are produced?

Will be interesting to know if this is possible though...

I had the Dual Mass Flywheel from my MK4 Golf removed and replaced with a lightened/balanced (and VERY expensive) one. Regretted it as soon as i picked it up, the noise was stupid!