Polished inlet manifold

ooooaudi

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
i have seen pics of this in performance vw and i recon it looks pretty good, im gonna have a go at polishing it - anyone already done this ?? what did you use ??
matt

I've polished a few bits and bobs on my previous cars. I hope you know what youre taking on. Its a long, messy job even with a polishing wheel and a variety of Mops and cutting compound, but the end results are worth it. I may have a go at doing the inlet manifold myself just plucking up the courage to take it off.

Yes the Inlet will be a **** to do thats why I'm still thinking about it, but would be worth it. It takes ages to do though and the car will probably have to be off the road. Maybe a winter warmer job in the garage. You've got to wet and dry the surface first to get rid of the texture then go through the different grades of polishing Mops and compund until you get the desired effect. Once its done if you keep on top of it, about once a fortnight with a cloth and a bit of compound to remove the oxidisation then it'll stay nice and shiney.

and ita not as if u have a transparent bonnet that people can see it when u drive past?? Painting ur calipers would have more of a head turning effect.

Nothing to do with what other people think, I just like things nice and shiney.

Crafty wont the smoothness help with airflow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif