My subs wierd. Help!

DJ-S3

Reaction score
i like my music but i have to put the bass down to -5, the lowest it can get. if i have it any higher it just makes a farting noise (best i can explain it) ha.

does anyone know what could be the problem, and how to fix it?

i like my music but i have to put the bass down to -5, the lowest it can get. if i have it any higher it just makes a farting noise (best i can explain it) ha.

does anyone know what could be the problem, and how to fix it?

is this with the standard head unit and subs etc?

I assuming it's the Bose system you have (2 x 4" drivers in the black fronted sub). The usual cause is a broken screw on the middle of the front baffle as below:
BoseA3subcopy.jpg

The plastic where the screw goes in can break which allows air to escape and the whole thing farts at any volume. Try pushing against this part of the baffle and see if the farting ceases.

yeah it is the standard bose head unit and subs etc.

yeah it does stop farting if i do that andymac, does that mean plastics broken around the screw hole?

if so is there anyway to fix this without replacing the whole thing?

Yes there is but you really need to remove it to do it. You need to take off the front panel/baffle then use a lot of araldite to glue the broken part back in place. Leave overnight then carefully screw the baffle back on taking care not to overtighten the repaired section. Or you could buy a non Bose sub on ebay for about £25 and use it's enclosure to replace the broken one as they are identical.

ok, cheers. think i'll try taking it out when i get her back from my friends workshop. in for some rust getting rid off the bottom of the drivers side door, alloys sprayed and buffing+polishing up:thumbsup:

but if i mess that up some how, do you know i link for a none bose sub?