EM TuningAH Fabrications

Thread: 3.8/4.0 bar FPR

2nd Gear

Status

3.8/4.0 bar FPR

Right then people, in the past I've had lots of vauxhall's, lastly a 3.0 v6 calibra. The trend is to fit a bigger pressure FRP as lots of VAG owners do so when having a remap/big turbo etc...

The vauxhall parts shed offers a 3.8 bar bosche fpr for around 20 +vat.

A few vauxhall tuners (not naming any) offer a 4.0 bar bosche FPR for around 45 + vat.
    There were rumours of the said vaux tuners removing the 3.8 part number and re stamping it with 4 bar although I cant confirm this.

I've checked around on here and found some p/n's on the net revealing that the VAG part number is 0280160575 exactly the same as Vauxhall 4.0 bar.

I would like to confirm this find, so can some one dig out there receipt or go outside and get there part number of their 4 bar reg please?

The 3.8 is also the same fitment and is a cheaper option.

This might be a great loophole in the over priced VAG parts bin.
    It's all gone sensible now - Passat B6 140 tdi on the drive, saving a fortune on fuel though!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Ash, just get your self to a scrappy and buy one from a scrap A4 1.8 / 1.8t or whatever as they are all 4BAR std. Surely wouldn't cost you more than a few quid

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    Ash, just get your self to a scrappy and buy one from a scrap A4 1.8 / 1.8t or whatever as they are all 4BAR std. Surely wouldn't cost you more than a few quid
    I agree but the i was just trying to save members on here a few quid when they are going down the bt route etc... saying that the big spenders that can afford bt conversions might not appreciate a 'few quid'.
    It's all gone sensible now - Passat B6 140 tdi on the drive, saving a fortune on fuel though!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Biggest prob with fuelling a BT etc is not pressure so much its flow... 3bar is plenty of pressure if you have the right injectors etc... Increasing the pressure may potentially increase flow through the std injectors but will make the pump (which lets face it, is prob a bit tired anyway) work harder.... It may be ok until you hit higher revs and it just runs out of flow which would not end nice...

On a BT, you want to get bigger injectors and even then prob look at an inline fuel pump too... This is what I am doing on my car but still running 3bar...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    bit late for me to save on this as i used an audi 4bar fpr when AMD wanted to use 4bar on my stage2

2nd Gear

Status
    no worries guys, spend your big bucks, hehe. I'll come back when i find some big turbo's for 20 instead.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    LOL!!! wish mine was gonna cost that

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...