Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: Big turbo?

  1. #41
    www.badger5.co.uk

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    nr Glos
    Posts
    6,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambba View Post
    I'll leave teh forum to you then Badger5 as it seems you know everyting and as such everybody else should just kiss your behind and not bother discussing things....that is why so many poeple left in the old days.
    stop posting rubbish then....
    this forum sux wiht people like you about

    i continue lurking - its a waste of my time posting against your continual pish
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

    Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

    Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG


    http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,985
    I apologise Gamb, i didn't mean to personally attack you......

    I still stick by what has been said by me and backed up by others........I would like to add that on here we respect people like Bill, people that simply know shed loads more than most if not all of us (yes i am aware nobody knows everything)..... same goes for people like Glen because he backs up what he says with solid facts and explainations..... not opposing everyones experiences like you have - i am sure you have had these experiences with the amount of determination you are showing, that said from mine and most on here, what you see as facts have been disproven which bring into account their legitimacy or reasoning behind them
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  4. #43
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,361
    These things happen 1naimal1....so no probs, and it's all squared away with Bill and I as well.

    The pictures of GTI Inters '03 (IIRC) were in the galleries here, but I guess that part of the site is gone now, as I can't find it. Does a pictrue has to be hosted elsewhere now?

    I'll happily post up the pictures of the timing if you tell me how....and there is no dispute that 4WD is much much quicker off the line, and that I am slow to react on the 1/4 but am quite good at changing gears.
    '98 Diamond Black A3T (Oettinger Chip)....needs some tender loving care!

  5. #44
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,985
    no worries fella..... the questioning is more around the mid range comments rather than your inters times, i just dont think in most scenarios you would be able to take a standard S3 with your mapped A3 nevermind a beat a mapped S3
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  6. #45
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,064
    how should you change gears in a quarter mile spirint in apose to doing a 0-60 ? change more often on a Qm?
    Its gone replaced with a mk2 golf gti 16v :D

  7. #46
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,985
    well i dont understand this logic because if the car only did 6.49 secs 0-60 and that was one of the reasons it slowed the 1/4 mile then surely changing to third earlier would have slowed the 0-60 and the overall time....unless the exercise is to utilise the boost better which would be very minimal id guess
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  8. #47
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,036

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambba View Post
    ....and there is no dispute that 4WD is much much quicker off the line, and that I am slow to react on the 1/4 but am quite good at changing gears.
    You cant be that good at changing gears if you got 0-60 in 6 seconds odd and a 15+s 1/4!


    Looks like you are a master of that tricky 1st to 2nd change, but need to work on 2nd onwards!!

    :-)

  9. #48
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by simch View Post
    Looks like you are a master of that tricky 1st to 2nd change, but need to work on 2nd onwards!!

    :-)
    I was thinking about this the other day, as I had never really given it much thought and my theory is that because the 0-60 is done based on exactly that and not when the lights change that is why there is such a difference between the two. I remember looking over at Rich and seeing that he was way ahead of me off the line, and thinking oh crap I better start moving, and then managed to pass him maybe 2/3rds of the way down and beating him by .24 seconds.

    On the other hand maybe that isn't how the timing gear works and I've got it wrong.

    Not having done a 1/4 mile in the A3 after that I have no comparison, but would guess if I paid attention to the lights that it could have run high 14's in its prime.
    '98 Diamond Black A3T (Oettinger Chip)....needs some tender loving care!

  10. #49
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    well i dont understand this logic because if the car only did 6.49 secs 0-60 and that was one of the reasons it slowed the 1/4 mile then surely changing to third earlier would have slowed the 0-60 and the overall time....unless the exercise is to utilise the boost better which would be very minimal id guess
    To reach 60 in second you do have to go close to the max revs, and so a quick shift to third would bring you in not on peak boost, but as you say although this was a factor it may not have been the biggest factor and maybe the post above is more true.
    '98 Diamond Black A3T (Oettinger Chip)....needs some tender loving care!

  11. #50
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,036
    Of course it is the Inters 0-60 which is notoriously optomistic. How about 4.44s from my S3....? Drivel of course, but that is what it said!
    Went on to a 13.121/4 at 109.75mph mind.... the 1/4 tends to be about right so long as they measure it right!

  12. #51
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    24,839

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambba View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day, as I had never really given it much thought and my theory is that because the 0-60 is done based on exactly that and not when the lights change that is why there is such a difference between the two. I remember looking over at Rich and seeing that he was way ahead of me off the line, and thinking oh crap I better start moving, and then managed to pass him maybe 2/3rds of the way down and beating him by .24 seconds.

    On the other hand maybe that isn't how the timing gear works and I've got it wrong.

    Not having done a 1/4 mile in the A3 after that I have no comparison, but would guess if I paid attention to the lights that it could have run high 14's in its prime.
    Reaction time and 1/4 mile time is 2 different things, the reaction time does not effect your 1/4 mile time, as the time for that starts when the car starts to roll. You could be slow to react, and still get a decent 1/4 mile time.


    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!



 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO