EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

My new 1.8 tsport quattro questions

I've just purchased a 1.8 T Sport Quattro 2001
    It has been remapped by QRS from 180bhp, but i don't know what to, any ideas?
    It has only done 47k, but i can't see a cam belt change, nor was it sold with the change implied. So my first question is how much will this cost? From reading the forum i see i need to water pump done also, anything else? Where near Bradford, W.Yorks should i go (not a Stealer Dealer!)?
    I would like sharper brakes, do i just upgrade to sports discs and pads, or S3 discs and pads, is this hard to do?
    Is suspension worth changing, it feels quite sporty already?
    I want it to look more like an S3, i was thinking of colour coding the black trim, has anyone done this? Or maybe an after market bodykit, any tips?
    I know this is lots of questions, and i have looked through the forum, but there seems to be lots of conflicting stuff

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Welcome to AS! A generic remap on a 1.8T QTS should see about 210bhp, as is my understanding. A cambelt + waterpump could be anywhere between 300-400.
    2001 A3 1.8T TQS
    1998 A8 2.8 Auto

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just had my cambelt and water pump done at the same time - 345 from my local indie.

Jumped ship to BMW...

Status
    Agree, the remap would've taken your car to somewhere between 200-210bhp...

I've changed my suspension (coilovers), only because I wanted a lower look and better handling. The OEM suspension is actually quite good. Be wary though, changing suspension can be costly, you'll have to consider bushes, ARBs, ARB links...mind you at 47k, you may be okay.

I too intend on spraying the black trim to be coloured coded with the bodywork.
    2007 Audi A5 3.0 TDi V6 Q ~ Meteor Grey ~ 19" RS4s ~ High Spec!
    2000 BMW 323ci ~ Sea Green ~ 18" OEM Alpina style rims

2002 A3 1.8TQS ~ Denim Blue ~ 180BHP ~ Black Leathers ~ AP Coilover ~ 18" Nuvolari's, Gunmetal/Polished Face ~ 5mm Spacers all round
    1996 VW Golf GTi - Dragon Green ~ Debadged ~ 17" TSW Reflex/Gunmetal ~ 40mm drop ~ K&N Induction ~ Scorpian 3" Oval back box