Bit of a long shot, I'm after a part!

Westy

Reaction score
All i've just had my quote from audi for a new central locking pump as the electrical part of mine has given up the ghost. It's not pretty at £326!

Does anyone have a central locking pump spare that they would be willing to sell me. The part number is 8D0 862 257E

t.i.a

Check on eBay mate, see if anyones breaking a S3

I've kind of left it a bit late as i'm getting it fitted next Tuesday by 4rings so I thought i'd quickly try on here. I'm always a bit worried about buying parts like that from ebay and I feel like theres more trust on this site if I were to order a part from here. I'll have a look on ebay now.

Thanks I'll give him a try. The pump itself is working fine its the electrical side that's gone haywire and has stopped the alarm working and shagged my internal central locking and internal lighting!

Thanks Mark I've spoken to olds_kool and he has said that my part number is very strange for an S3 as they normally start with "8L0" and end in a "P"! Does anyone have an explaination as to why mine is different? Can someone with a BAM engined 2002 S3 and VAGCOM check what their part number is please?

i thought i saw a thread some time ago about someone doing repairs to the locking unit not sure what was wroung with it and what the fix was but i was under the impression they can be fixed

You can get a cheap recon kit off eBay to fix the mechanical side of things but it's my computer that's shagged! It won't respond to some controls and it's been hard reset. Olds-Koop is sending me over a full unit tomorrow so hopefully it'll solve all my issues. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks I'll give him a try. The pump itself is working fine its the electrical side that's gone haywire and has stopped the alarm working and shagged my internal central locking and internal lighting!

What does it actualy do to the lighting etc? Mine sometimes doesnt lock off the button on the inside of the drivers door, and sometimes the interior lights dont distinguish after ive started up. The fob has never worked and ive had it checked, its not the key at fault.

That sounds very similar to mine except my fobs work. The interior lights don't stay on when the doors are opened and the just generally behave strange. My lock button on the drivers door used to work but it would only unlock and not lock, now it won't do anything. And finally my alarm doesn't arm and I don't get the red LEDs to blink on the door lock pins.

UPDATE:

4Rings came yesterday and did my service including gearbox and diff oil change, great job as usual but the pump I got from Olds_Kool didn't fix the alarm problem. This means that it is something else!!!

The 4Rings guys were kind of stumped and are going to look over the wiring diagrams to see if they can work out what other components may be causing the problem. Just wondered if anyone here has any ideas as to what else we could check?

Here are the facts & symptoms:

1- The alarm doesn't arm but the siren can be set of via VAGCOM
2- The LEDs in the door lock pins dont flash but have been tested ok by 4Rings
3- There are absolutely zero erros for any component in VAGCOM
4- All door/boot/bonnet alarm sensors have been checked and they are working fine.
5- I haven't changed my stereo or installed any additional electrical components
6- All fuses have been checked and are fine

Any other ideas welcome no matter how crazy!

Hi,

I know it's not related to your central locking problem, but how much did it cost to change the gearbox and diff oil? i have a strange whining noise coming from the car and wonder if it is the diff making the noise.

Cheers.