Hi need some advice asap

a3-se

audi a3-se
Reaction score
hi all recently bought my audi a3 se 1.6 on an 02 plate i need some advise on modding it because ive always had old crappy cars that ive not been boverd about putting strain on box or the way it drives like so first of all

due it only being the 1.6 should i put 17,s or 18 inch alloys on it due to strain on gearbox

wats the best way to get the power cable for my amp into the car

right just some queries now

when the car is first started in the morning the temperature gauge flashes in the display panel

when the car is started the engine revs drop down to the second mark below 1000 revs and then pick up and stay at 1 mark below 1000 revs

1 last thing the temperature sits at just below the second mark past 90 degrees is this the correct temperature for the car

if any one can help with my question i knw ive asked alot but never had a car over a p reg before lol otherwise id just bridge the fan or let a mate take it apart but i wanna do this one properly thankyou:faint::blackrs4::kissmyrings:

due it only being the 1.6 should i put 17,s or 18 inch alloys on it due to strain on gearbox
i think its meant to have 15 at standard so shouldnt effect the gearbox much! with going up to 17/18 inch you will notice the car will accelerate alot slower. tbh im riding on 16s which are perfect.

wats the best way to get the power cable for my amp into the car
i presume you mean a power lead for your sub? if so there is a perfect rubber gromit located next to pollen filter in the engine bay. this is in the top right of your scuttle pannel, if you pu your wire in there it goes right into the passenger footwell

when the car is first started in the morning the temperature gauge flashes in the display panel

check your coolant levels

1 last thing the temperature sits at just below the second mark past 90 degrees is this the correct temperature for the car

it should sit at 90, check your coolant levels

hi thankyou might sound silly but how do u check the coolant levels do you mean the water for the rad thank you

I think its at the back left of the engine bay and will have a min and max line on it.

and it could also be a dodgy temp sender, which will also effect the running of the car, fuel economy etc

thanks sent it in today they found my fan switch had gone so had it changed but it still sitting 2 marks over 90 any other ideas and wats the temperature ment 2 sit at thanks

Is it 2 marks over 90 or under?
Under suspect thermostat or sender, over suspect waterpump or thermostat.

As you are only young i can imagine yo are getting screwed on insurance, so i wouldn't look to change anything about 17 as tyres are reasonablely priced for them and it shouldn't hike your insurance too much.

hi thanks rof your comment have checked my policy putting 18s on takes my insurance up to 1500 extra 100 pound so its worth it lol thanks

If you're putting 18's on it with stock suspension then it'll look like a monster truck mate.

if you're running 18's the lowering stick needs to come out and give your car a bash otherwise it'll look like a roller skate :)

T

Its true!...

Before...

359-116b_black-dwidth_pd.jpg

And after...

3639059328_a77a255659_b.jpg

See?

T

thanks will be looking into lowering it once ive got the alloys can anybody sugest how low i should go