Concert stereo Problem

Dylarolla

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone.
I have a problem with my Concert stereo (S3 2000 X-reg). The illuminations have completely gone off in the head unit. The stereo plays totally normally but I can't see what song or radio station is playing. No stereo lights work at all (on the small display or the buttons). Now you're all probably thinking that this is just a bulb issue but what's strange is that the song/station information isn't appearing in the DIS either!!!

I've checked that the section which shows the stereo information on the DIS is still working but it looks like no signal is being sent to it from the stereo.

It's odd because it seems like two separate issues yet they have occurred simultaneously. Therefore I believe they are in fact one issue.

On that basis, does anyone have a clue what is going on?

I spoke to an Audi dealer and their rather predictable response was that the head unit might need replacing, although they'd never heard of this problem before.

It's odd becuase my immediate reaction when this happened was that I might have unlocked some sort of code which disables these lights and information.

I'm truly baffled. Does anyone know of any secret codes/functions hidden somewhere?

Incidentally, the air conditioning lights and display are working fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Other than a loose connector at the rear of the headunit can't really think of anything that might cause this other than a headunit failure.