Volks AutosBadger5
    imported_roydonaldson

Auto-lock doors ?

Hi there,

On my S3 and wife's TT, we both have the lock all doors button on the inside. Does anyone know
    if it's possible to get the cars to automatically lock all the doors, say, above 5mph at all ?

I've had US cars do this for me in the past and wondered if it's possible to get our Audi's to do the same ?

Roy.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Auto-lock doors ?

Yes it is .. you either need to take it to Audi who I think charge 50 quid for it, or I suspect its accessible via vagcom .. in which case you need to get a lead and some software which'll prolly set you back about the same.

6th Gear

Status

Audi can do it for you mate.............cost me 45............cheeky [censored]!!

2nd Gear

Status

IT TAKES ALL OF 1 MINUTE TO DO

S3 Drift King!

Status

I got it done for free at last years AmD RR meet [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Find some one with vag com, or try telling your dealer that your doors do not auto lock anymore and they may do it for free!

5th Gear

Status

It can be done via VAG-COM so if you know someone with the software and cable then it will work out very cheap....free. If you don't then maybe pop along to one of the meets as someone is bound to have VAG-COM with them or to the dealer.

The auto-lock feature actiavtes when the car exceeds 15mph.

Whichever way you go, you might also want to decide whether any of these features suit you as well (Some you may already have switched on), as they are programmed in the same module.

One touch unlock - Part of the Anti-jacking features, first press of the unlock button unlocks the drivers door only, second press of button unlocks other doors.

Windows up/down via remote - Most cars already have this enabled (Even though some don't know it). Press and hold the unlock button to lower the windows via remote and do the same with the lock button to raise the windows.

Honk horn - Enable the alarm horn (main horn on some cars) to sound when lock and unlock functions are used.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Well keep an eye out on here in the meets section and across on www.tyresmoke.net and basically anyone with VAG-COM can do this, they don't have to have an S3, the A3-A8 (Older variants) all use the same coding for these options.

Administrator

Status

Hey folks,

I've read a lot about using VAG-COM to re-code the central locking/alarm system to add these kind of functions, but everything I've read has been about S6/ARQs... I recently borrowed a VAG-COM rig off a friend, and after a bit of fiddling around, was convinced to get my own - so now I've got one, I'm wondering what chance I have of making the horn sound when I lock my 98 A3 (remote locking with lazy windows - but not flip out key) - anyone have any ideas if this is possible with the set-up on my car? Are the additions to the code the same as those documented for A6/ARQ platform?
    ...By the way, if any of you guys are in the North West and find yourself with a car in need of being plugged-in and don't have access to a VAG-COM set-up, fire a PM at me - I'd be only too happy to help out a fellow as.n user.

Regards.

Rob.

PS > As I mention, I have no flip out key - I know it's pretty arsey of me, but I'd really like to be able to strategically remove one of those pretty little things from my pocket instead of the key + toad like remote combo I currently have (and come on, I know you guys with the flip-outs know what I'm talking about [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) - is it a change of locking-pump unit/interior monitor or somethin equally pricey to enable, or can a flip-out be coded to match my current lump remote?

5th Gear

Status

Can't give you the full response at the moment, but maybe someone beats me to it.

Certain A3's can't have the horn honk option activated, but more about that when I have a moment.

Administrator

Status

Hey Gambba,

Cheers for that... I'd be very grateful of any further information if you get time...

Also, I don't know whether this has any relevance or not, but when I was out in the garage playing with VAG-COM this afternoon, I noticed that when I did one of the central locking unit tests it activated the interior monitor, and when it did this for the test, it did give a short honk of the horn as it began (much like my dads V6 100 does when he locks it).

Thanks again,

Rob.

5th Gear

Status

The horn honk item is part of a so called comfort pack from what I know, and on my car I cannot enable this option, but I can do all of the others.

The easiest way is to change the soft coding of the central locking module and see if it works.

I take it you know the codes that need changing?

It would be quite costly to change over to a fully operation remote control operation from Audi, as I'd expect you'd need a new controller and a sensor, and personally I'd think a clifford system would be a better idea to invest in.

Administrator

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    The horn honk item is part of a so called comfort pack from what I know, and on my car I cannot enable this option, but I can do all of the others.

The easiest way is to change the soft coding of the central locking module and see if it works.

I take it you know the codes that need changing?

It would be quite costly to change over to a fully operation remote control operation from Audi, as I'd expect you'd need a new controller and a sensor, and personally I'd think a clifford system would be a better idea to invest in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Gambba,

As always, thanks for your thougs [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As far as knowing which codes need changing, am I heading for block 35 in VAG-COM, then hit re-code (07) as in the documentation I've read for the A4/S4 (I'm assuming it's not like the A6 stuff because I don't have anything in block 46 (iirc)).

Are the figures I need to add also the same as those documented for the A4?

Regards,

Rob.

PS> On the total swap-out of remote system, I take it that's what's required for me to change to a pretty key then?
    Although that might not bee too far into the realms of ridiculousness in the end to be honest, because I think my current Alarm system is well and truly expired anyway (see my update to "Further twists to my alarm problem" post) - I was thinking if it has I should upgrade to a clifford or something like that, but there's this bit of me that would like it all OEM still (silly as that sounds).

5th Gear

Status

Correct the codes are the same as the A4 and if you PM your e-mail address to me I'll e-mail you a simple program created by a VAG-Com'er that wil work out what code you need for the various options, it takes all of 10 seconds to use!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

DAF
    1st Gear

Status

Would my 52plate A3 be able to do the lazy window. You know what i mean when i lock my car with the windows down will they go up?. Will Audi do it what do you think chaps??. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

DAF
    1st Gear

Status

tried holding the key fob to lock and unlock the doors, and it works. Hold the key to unlock the car and the windows go down. Hold the key to lock the car with the windows down and they go up. Cheers to all for the info. Gambba is there anymore the key fob will do??. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

imported_rashpal1

if you can find someone with VAG-COM, here are the codes that you need for the auto-lock.

Takes a minute to do the lot, i done mine works fine.

When you begin to drive off and reach 15km/h, the doors automatically lock.

It can be activated by using VAG-COM by reading the figure in Module 46 (Central Convenience) and adding 32 to that figure. Other Module 46 codes are:

+4 One touch unlock
    +32 Autolock
    +64 Ability to open/close windows with remote.
    +1024 Beep on alarm

If you need any of the other features just add the above number in.

Pal [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]