Rear bumper opinions please

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey chaps,

I'm due to be having my rear bumper re-sprayed as someones scuffed it which was nice, and also my plastic trim that sits in the lower section above the exhaust which detaches from the bumper I believe?

Was hunting around and saw the this on pistonheads (mines silver to) and I spotted someone who's re-sprated the lower plastic trim in silver that's usually dark grey... and I think it looks a lot better. <pic below>

1177155-8.jpg

However, my problem is I have parking sensors in my lower plastic trim... and I'm thinking it'll look slighty odd with dark grey parking sensors in the trim with it all being silver... thoughts? I presume there's no way I could have them sprayed silver to match is there as they'd stop working?

Spraying the sensors won't effect their operation, I've seen plenty of cars with colour coded parking sensors, and they seem fine.
Regarding spraying the rear diffuser part(if you can call it that) the same colour, I think you would need to spray the door trims also to make it look good all round, but that's just my opinion.

Spraying the sensors won't effect their operation, I've seen plenty of cars with colour coded parking sensors, and they seem fine.
Regarding spraying the rear diffuser part(if you can call it that) the same colour, I think you would need to spray the door trims also to make it look good all round, but that's just my opinion.

Really?? Wow well that's good news then I really thought it would, bonus!

When you say door trims, do you mean skirt by that as my door strip is allready silver (standard body colour on all S3's I think)

LOL thanks A3Tom, thing is I need to something with it as it's scuffed, could have it sprayed dark grey I suppose... Hmm

i think it looks good as standard in grey but my car is grey so....

Really?? Wow well that's good news then I really thought it would, bonus!

When you say door trims, do you mean skirt by that as my door strip is allready silver (standard body colour on all S3's I think)

LOL thanks A3Tom, thing is I need to something with it as it's scuffed, could have it sprayed dark grey I suppose... Hmm

The skirt trims, not the door mouldings.